Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,674 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-started  ·  904 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link to external URLs

Link a button that can link like a hyperlink to another web page like youtube or my own Web Page

2,104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  535 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rulers

Global rulers for the x/y axis.

2,101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design with Data

I remember, I have seen this presentation at Adobe MAX 2015. Where we can use dummy / Sample data for content such as Name, city, country etc (Please also think to add lorem ipsum dummy paragraph if possible).

I would love to know, is there any plan to integrate that concept in near future. Its a really great functionality and time consuming important feature for us.

Ref - Design with Data - Adobe MAX 2015 - Sneak Peeks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ebPSJR3U0

1,953 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1,442 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

330 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Linked Objects / Images

Option to link objects (or generate smart objects) when pasted from a PSD or AI source to maintain a reference.

This would provide a simple method for single or multiple object updates (beyond the CC Design Libraries integration)—saving time and ensuring all objects are the most current.

Example: Revision to a microphone icon via Illustrator, which is used across 20 artboards

1,319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  67 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Built-in Library of Common UI Elements

It would be great if AdobeXD could provide sort of a library of UIElements from iOS, OSX, Android and Windows besides the given UIKits. So you can simply drag e.g. the textfield to your artboard and adjust this afterwards. This would make the process of designing an app much more easier!

1,306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text: Bullet points

I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

1,245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

229 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Button tool - style text box with border, background color, padding (auto resized when text changes)

To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

1,183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  93 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full justification for area text

Make the editable text area's fully justifiable to mirror publication materials.

1,044 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

298 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Interactive form elements

Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

945 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  64 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fonts preview

When you choose font for text, would be good to have some preview about how it'll look.

831 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  25 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Apply a border/stroke to 1 side of a rectangle.

Rectangles: allow 1 or more sides to have a border(stroke), like: border-top

827 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Use CSS properties / classes to specify object appearance

Add unique CSS properties to object properties.
    Things like Margins, Padding and un-even borders are not common for design apps, but it would be great to define them per object in XD, honor them in the design mode, and export them as part of the object css,

798 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  41 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vertical Alignment of text in text box

Ability to align text to the top/middle/bottom of the text box. I'm sure you've already got the horizontal alignment options covered in your checklist.

779 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  76 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use webfonts without manually installing font locally

I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

691 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add your own custom UI Kits

The ability to add your own UI Kits to the start screen

It's great having iOs etc on there but for professionals working on lots of projects (web based) for big brands there is definitely a need to have custom UI Kits for each brand. This will speed up projects massively as well as maintaining consistency across all projects. Thats essential when you are working to strict brand guidelines.

Make it happen Adobe ;)

638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  42 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Infinite Canvas

One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

636 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Set Default Style for Text Tool

Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

487 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

20. Find and Replace - Text

It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base