Adjust position of objects across artboards relative to their current positions
Selection and operations on multiple objects has a considerable improvement potential to better meet the professional needs.
I would love to be able to conveniently select, then change and also add, subtract to etc. to the relative position of multiple selected elements like in Sketch.
Use case: While cooperatively working with a XD file a designer Ted want's to check, if one specific element used all over his huge design went a little bit off of their desired positions., which causes flickering in the prototype. Optimally Ted does the following:
- Ted selects the suspected Element to find out the exact name and correct position. It's "Toolbar", X:0 Y:220
- He uses search in the layer list for the word "Toolbar". If "Toolbar" would be a component Ted would right click > select instances and skip step 3 but it's a group.
- Ted selects all Toolbars at once in the layer list by clicking the fist one holding Shift and clicking the last one.
- Ted checks the Transform panel. If at least one of the layers is off, the corresponding input shows dash instead of the relative position.
- Wow. Both are dashes (good he noticed it) Ted writes "0" at X Position and 220 in the Y
- Good Job Ted!
What we do instead?
We can't select multiple elements in the layer list if they are on the different artboards or search is applied.
We can't see the relative position of multiple elements, but see absolute values relative to a center of the Pasteboard, even though they all are on artboards and none really cares about values like X:-23615 Y:15566, because they are useless and unexpected.
We can't check if the components were offset until clicking them one by one, which is suboptimal taking into account how many of such instances it could be.
We can define / add subtract / multiply/divide a size of multiple elements, but ... can't do the same with the position. This can be done better.