Team projects / team cloud storage
I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.
team cloud space
Rudi Fernandes commented
Guys, just vote on this, this is highly needed to update especially for corporate work, we are having a huge pain with transparency with PM's because Adobe XD doesn't allow an organization folder
Tucker Williams commented
Working on a complex project and coming in mid-stream with multiple design tracks in progress, we are having challenges with keeping track of files. We need a sharable folder where we can all see what's being created, who's creating/updating, etc.
Having a shared space (just like Sketch Cloud) for all Adobe XD docs, that team-members want to share with the team, is absolutely necessary.
I'm legit shocked this is not core functionality within Creative Cloud / Adobe XD.
- And without "pages" in Adobe XD design documents, it makes even less sense. So we as a team (or just two people working) are supposed to have every single artboard in one file? Or have to go through the hassle of creating multiple files and then inviting each other (via email - even though we are in a shared Creative Cloud account) to each file? Everytime we create a new file?
You've really come a long way since the beta, and XD is really awesome, but we need it to be actually functioning. Keep on it XD Team! :-)
I was thrown into a project where it was determined that the design tool would be Adobe XD. I was very surprised that Adobe XD didn't offer anything that would allow managing a large project.
It seems that Adobe xD is intended for individuals who make up to 10 screens in some small, occasional home project.
This is not a serious tool that large companies may consider as a tool for their projects.
By the way, I would like to hear an explanation of the people behind this state of affairs. after all, organizing and managing files should be the thing that comes from creating such a tool.
On the other hand, this is very characteristic of the Adobe team and all their products. The things that would be designed by the greatest amateur, escape the great senior designers and business from a seemingly large global company.
Or there is some logic behind it. I would give the kingdom to know what's going on :D XD XD XD
I suggested Xd to use it in our company but it got rejected due to not having a very good file management for cloud documents. The welcome-screen should include a side bar for projects or another way of implementing those two parameters. Without it, working in large coorporations is nearly not possible. It would force everyone to do everything in one file per product and that is simply not possible, especially due to the Beta state of Co-Editing. Please work on this. And no: Folders is not enough (I saw this is under dev).
Ability to create team space with project spaces. Within teams you can add team members from your organization. Create project spaces with folders for XD coediting cloud documents. Asset folders documentation, shared CC libraries, stock images. Also the ability to backup team space and all files and libraries either as a download or setup weekly automatic backup to cloud storage i.e box, dropbox, google drive, onedrive.
At my organization we have multiple projects and adding them to cloud documents for coediting and collaboration seems a bit unorganized. Also having a backup of our IP on our internal or company cloud will make our managers sleep alot better.
Opening up adobe XD on the splash page under recent you could have Adobe Teams. With projects listed and then associated files below each project.
Bryan Nance commented
One thing that I've been interested in seeing is a way to view my entire teams cloud documents without them having to share with me. Sometimes team members will forget to share or will unexpectedly be out when some edits need to be made or designs need to be reviewed by the team.
Having once central location to view what the team is working on would be super beneficial to our workflow.
There are a great many Feature Requests in the category of Cloud Documents that all represent a similar need.
When attempting to manage more that just a few XD documents, especially with a collaboration team, the current manifestation of Cloud Documents is exceptionally cumbersome to navigate, access, and process.
I've seen several interesting ideas about folders, sharing, tagging, and searching and they all point to the same central need:
The ability for one or more designers to be able to access all of their work for a particular project in one place.
This means that regardless of who originated a file, anyone who needs to work on that file should be able to find it in the context of related files in whatever way best suits the designer or design team.
Accomplishing this could involve any number of changes, but the basics involved are:
- Sharing files
- Grouping files (regardless of owner)
- Searching for files
- Sorting within an organizational structure
- Uploading/Downloading for offline access
All of these functions need to be available for single files or in bulk.
Matt Adams commented
Yes, I agree, with every document created we need the entire team to see it. It would be great if the users on the team account could browse all projects regardless of who created it and without the need to be invited.
Adam Trabold commented
This would be incredible. We currently use GDrive (in the past Dropbox) to have shared cloud access to files. It would be great to have organizable shared spaces for projects that I could invite people to.
Would be even better if this could be duplicated for share links -- i.e. "x people have access to the y file space" and "x people have access to the z share links in y file space."
I have been thinking about this feature a lot lately as my team and I come up with a way to collectively manage our designs/prototypes for multiple very large and complicated enterprise systems. Some of the challenges we are having could be due to our global team presence, but I'm inclined to believe this is more common and not a unique problem:
As I see it we need:
1. a way to share multiple XD files across multiple designers who all have first-class permissions to the file - eg. it's not shared by one designer with others - but collectively owned by the team. We currently have around 27 different initiatives with between 1 and 10 XD designs each representing a different feature, application and/or versions which vary in size but average appears to be around 12MB - needly to say there is a lot of content (almost 4GB of XD files alone) and it's growing every day.
As part of this the open dialog in XD isn't very robust when working with cloud documents. specifically in that users first have to know if they were the original creator of the file or it was shared with them (so they can look for the file in the right place). second, cloud folders are not shown in the open dialog being there isn't really any organization and open simply presents a giant list of prototypes
2. We need a way for any designer on the team to publish to the same prototype URL - we publish primarily to collaborate with the business and technology stakeholders and since any designer could make a change to the file, any designer should be able to update the prototype without needing to re-share with all of the different stakeholders (e.g. use the same URL) typically our stakeholder group on any given release is around 10-15 people but as our system continues to evolve more and more people get involved and we'd like everyone to be on the same page.
3. Versioning - There are some interesting new features for versioning - but it seems this is versioning of the file not versioning of the prototypes *admittedly I need to play with this and test more. - the approach seems so far - but the ability to remove (unmark) a version seems too easy and could be accidentally done We will need and want to keep a version history for minimum 3 years (minimum 6 versions and likely more) without risk.
It might be useful to publish the marked version name with the prototype - today it seems the only way Identify which version of a prototype is being viewed is to change the title at the time of publishing the link.
It also seems that the version dialog and the published links have no bearing on each other.
Published prototype link management should be organizable ... what would really be nice it to be able to share a catalog of all published prototypes (and versions) and invited folks could browse the catalog of prototypes. - effectively the manage links page made available to anyone ** with some organization ability (folders)
4. At first I though the ability to select the type of view setting was kind of neat - but now I'm feeling it's more of a nuance... custom seems to be the solution but custom view setting doesn't allow showing dev spec. instead of the view setting templates I'm now of the opinion that the older approach made more sense - just allow the publisher to select all of the features that want to allow, on/off, with 1 publish (including dev spec)
We have mostly been using CC files to sync our collection of file across the team (a la dropbox style) - this is not the most efficient approach. Effectively each designer has a complete copy of a the entire body of work and eventually the team's body of work will out grow the physical storage on their machine. Additionally the whole process is manual and ripe of human introduced error.
Just adding some thoughts while they are fresh in my head.
Adobe has done some good updates for multi-user collaboration - but it's still based on the concept that it's an individual sharing with others - it's supposed to be creative cloud for TEAMS and we need capabilities for all assets and libraries to be available from a group without the need to invite each member. perhaps a group capability? Though right now I would almost prefer this be more automatic for groups.