Request details

Embed used fonts in XD file

It would be really useful for me as an developer to have the fonts embedded in the XD file (like Photoshop does).

I use the XD file made by our designer to extract al sizes / font-sizes / line-heights and spacings to determine what the generic styles for specific components are going to be.

But when I don't have the current font installed on my PC yet, I can't see which parts of the design are bold / italic and how the font-sizes hold up to certain design blocks ( because measurements aren't the same between all fonts ). XD also doesn't tell you that you don't have this font on your PC so usually you notice this to late.

To circumvent this I currently need to have the flat image file of the current page open and next to that have the XD file open, just to determine the correct look and feel.

When fonts would be embeded this would greatly improve the workflow within XD.

19 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Colin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anish Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When delivering xd files. i am having to find and send the fonts files seperately along . Please simply this process.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the ability to create a bundle/package of dependencies (images, fonts, etc) like InDesign could be a solution to this. In our case, we sometimes want to share the file between designers and other designers or developers. Rather than telling them "get this list of fonts," it would be nice to just pass the fonts along with the file.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Designer i want to see my Prototype on multiple Plattforms e.g. Mobile Devices.
    Currently if i use a Font which is no Standard Font of the Device, a Fallback Font will be used in the App.

For this reason Embedding of the Font is also usefull for Designers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base