Request details

Version Control - store history/timeline of revisions

It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

1,016 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derek Heisler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a Design System file and my system crashed. I lost everything that was in the cloud, the file just does´n open anymore. If I had the versioning, would it be in a single file? This one that crashed and I lost everything? I do not think that's a reasonable solution.

• Andri87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Design teams are really waiting for this functionality, instead of installing third-party software!!!

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as the rest of the group ... Version control is necessary for design teams, and its one of the only things holding us back from implementing XD. Sketch + Plant is so simple, but XD KILLS Sketch + InVision.

• Joseph Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance we can get an estimate on when this feature will be available? Sometime this year? Thanks!

• cjw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need file versioning with the ability to see:

- who changed a file and when
    - what was changed (i.e., open the file to see the changes)

• kunal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Youtube video Published on Nov 4, 2016, and it's 2019. The feature is still in process? That's pretty slow

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya'll need to move fast, my team is forcing me to use Sketch because of this issue. It's a HUGE problem.

• Simone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Version control is necessary for digital projects, XD is not competitive without

• Ben Ho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really can't wait for this!!!

I am trying to pitch to the team to move to XD from Sketch + Abstract but I'm not able to convince them without version control :(

• yogaboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and PLEASE somebody from ADOBE answer questions below ... when it will be versioning and collaboration available!!!
    Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this going? We’re looking at using Sketch or XD and our team collaborates a lot. Versioning is really crucial.

• Casey Lumbra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A naming convention on top of the version control would be fantastic. Right now the long string links for review are hard to manage.

• Tom Wellings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Version control and traceability is absolutely critical when working on automotive projects. Ideally I need to set custom named versions that correspond with our customer's product development milestones. Just having a date timeline would work, but it would not be optimum.

• Mark Whitley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would LOVE to see this feature in some way shape or form. We currently version on our network using a naming convention and an archive folder. Allowing us to version in one document with the ability to comment on the version before moving to the next would be a dream.

• J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? This feature would have come in handy today. =(

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base