Request details

Filename in Windows Taskbar

In the Windows Taskbar, show the name of the file rather than "Adobe Experience Design", same as Illustrator or Photoshop. It is currently difficult to tell which is which since they have matching names.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tony Adams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jones Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this should not be a feature Request. This is a basic need. Even Notepad shows the file name in the taskbar :( Please FIX this.

• Zaki Sayed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll one up this.

First, no tabs! Second, all XD instances say "Adobe XD CC" on the taskbar! It's a pain to work with multiple files. Please fix this ASAP.

• Pooya K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sometimes I have multiple documents opened in XD and when I want to choose them via taskbar thumbnail preview or in Task View mode (Win + Tab) the title of XD window is "Adobe XD CC" which is confusing, using document name in title instead would help much more.

• Haresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is annoying that we can't see the entire file name when multiple XD files are open. I think Adobe XD team assumed people will use only on artboard but I think some might prefer to have small artboards for a smaller set of features. I would like to see only the file name and drop the Adobe Experience Design.

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is expected behavior with Adobe CC products like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base