Request details

Apply gradient to border/stroke

When I import a SVG file with a gradient on the stroke, it becomes gray in XD. And there is no way that I can make the border/stroke with gradient color.

I feel it will be nice to apply gradient to the border so that I don't have to expand the stroke.

347 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jany shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edmond Benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature soon, this should be the next update, my document doesn't look as nice as I want it to.
    WE NEED THIS FEATURES NOW!!!!!!!!!

• Radhika Ravindran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be brilliant to add gradients to borders as it is required if we are designing 'story tabs' or recreating many of the existing interfaces. Thanks. Appreciate all the effort behind XD!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey :) It would be nice if the paths and borders could also have gradient effect. And if one could eye drop a gradient as well! Thank you, I love XD!

Victoria

Option to add gradient colors to strokes (borders) or to convert them to fill to manipulate more in detail (See attached)

I dont see option to create effect similar to Fluent Design light when you hover over certain object/button in AdobeXD.

This could be achieved either by:

1)Allowing to apply stroke gradient
    2)Implementing option to apply light sources to certain object which would illuminate parts of it depending on amount.

I dont see option to create effect similar to Fluent Design light when you hover over certain object/button in AdobeXD.

This could be achieved either by:

1)Allowing to apply stroke gradient
    2)Implementing option to apply light sources to certain object which would illuminate parts of it depending on amount.

• Karan Panchal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'll be really great if a user can give gradient colour to the stroke/border. Right now we have to just create an image in the photoshop and then use it as an image and its very long process for the simple task. So it'll be really helpful if we users get this feature of giving gradient colour to stroke/border.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base