Apply gradient to border/stroke
When I import a SVG file with a gradient on the stroke, it becomes gray in XD. And there is no way that I can make the border/stroke with gradient color.
I feel it will be nice to apply gradient to the border so that I don't have to expand the stroke.
I've been using XD for a bout a year and I've come to the realization that it's so far other design tools that I can't continue using it. Here is a short list of some if my pain points:
- PDF export is broken when using masks of any kind
- The online prototype preview is weird. Zooming is wonky
- The local prototype preview has zoom issues
- Components are a nightmarish waste of time. I can't stress how painful this is
- Icons are tricky and buggy
- Shape editing is wonky and you can’t convert strokes or type to outlines without using illustrator.
- States are supposed to work, but in order to get a working object, like a radio button, it takes all day long.
- No gradient borders or ability to add a gradient to your color palette
- No multiple shadows or borders
- If you need to export at hi-res, it’s super confusing and needs a lot of trial and error
- I would like to lock a layer so I can work on top of it… great. On no wait it still selects the locked layer for some reason
Lawrence Patrick Dionisio commented
This is what I need to transition away from Figma
Carl Alexander commented
Imran Chaudhary commented
I can not apply Gradient effect in Border of circle and any time of border kindly provide this feature in Adobe XD, Like in Figma and Illustrator
Still missing some basics guys, Any updates?
Serioulsy ... a year after and it is still not implemented? Wot.
Daniela Reis commented
I would save so much time with this feature, come on Adobe you can do it! Don't make me regret Sketch
Oriana San Miguel commented
Please do add this feature, it is tiring having to switch to figma just for this
Shahi Ferdous commented
This is one of the reasons I had to switch to Figma multiple times for some projects. I don't get it why Adobe won't add features like this one.
Rishabh jain commented
It would be very useful to be able to apply gradients to borders/strokes in the same way(s) you are able to do so with fills.
Need it so much
Just like Figma does, having the possibility of adding multiple gradients to the Fill, Border and Text will improve the flexibility of design.
Manikandan MS commented
how to create a gradient color in stroke (line) using adobe xd...
any one can you explain me....
Amanda Staunton commented
Please work on this feature Adobe. Glassmorphism is becoming a new popular trend and this feature is important to executing that.
Hello there! I have a question.
I think XD currently lacks 3 very important functions!
1. Path fillet function;
2. Contouring function;
3. Stroke gradient function;
The above 3 functions are very commonly used functions in UI design. I don’t know why these 3 functions have not been added. Sketch and figma are both made up of these 3 functions, and they are also very useful. I hope that XD can also be added later. Thanks for these 3 functions!
I use this feature ALL THE TIME in Sketch and missing it is a reason I can't fully commit to XD.... yet
WE NEED IT!
[Deleted User] commented
As ridiculous as it may sound but this is the only feature that keeps me going back to figma🤓. I need it in XD pls.
If this feature will not be added soon - I will finally quit to Figma