Request details

Organize shared prototypes and design specs

I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking for.

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dominika shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great, if we could share whole folders (or folder structures) with clients.
    I work with different clients, each with multiple team members. Currently, I have to send Edit Invites to several people for every single XD File, Reviewer and Dev Documentation. This is both time consuming and error prone.

- Client X Folder (<- Share this with a@client.com, b@client.com, ...)
    --- Project A Folder
    ----- Prototype 1
    ----- Prototype 2

--- Project B Folder
    ----- Prototype I
    ----- Prototype II

- Client Y Folder

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a former Zeplin user, our team (mobile development) was able to create a master project and show all associated screens with that project. Tagging is implemented to allow the developers to jump between screens and features easily. This works much better for us because the developers can continue to use the same URL to view any and all designs and specs for a product. As designs are added, they are tagged and easy to find all in one place. With XD, we need to continuously generate new links every time we create a new design. Having a master project with tags and grouping would make our life so much better!

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to organize the published links in folder, if you have multiple project it's impossible to find the right one quickly.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.

I'd like to have a page where I can see all folders and each project would have its own folder. Today my prototypes links is a complete chaos with lots of projects and clients mixed up in the same place.

• Myriam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. If we could organise the published prototypes in folders, that would be great!

• Omar Chelbat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing.

We're having a tough time managing all the prototype & design spec links floating around our company.

Right now we have 4-5 different projects, with multiple variations of each project. This has resulted in managing the prototyping links in a Google doc sheet.

Invision handles this really well, but the performance on their end, and the price, is very offputting

• Blaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use case is that I am starting to pile up lots of prototypes for each app my company has. It would be nice to have some sort of folder structure (for each app) where I would put respective prototypes in, and then be able to share it via email or link so that each member of my company can access links from one place.

I guess drag & drop could be used to sort them inside or between folders, but having a function such as drop-down on each prototype is also a good idea (with options to "Add to project -> "project name").

Not sure if this would be widely used, but fits into my use case well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base