Request details

When creating a text field, automatically fill it with lorem ipsum.

Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

371 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Floriane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a text field, automatically add Lorem ipsum.
    + add alternative texts via menu

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@pklaschka Great Plugin! I just downloaded and used it. Great basic solution. Thank you!

• Shauni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would also be helpful to be able to fill a text area with placeholder text with the click of a button.

• pklaschka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While my plugin isn't able to automatically fill text fields on creation, it may be able to serve as an intermediate solution (it allows you to insert placeholder text – e.g., Lorem Ipsum – with some adjustable settings). As of today, you can download the plugin "Lorem Ipsum" from the discover plugins panel inside XD and from my Website (https://xdplugins.pabloklaschka.de). It also allows inserting placeholder text with a keyboard shortcut, which was also mentioned in the comments.

Disclaimer: I am the creator of the plugin. Therefore, I am not 100 % unbiased and this could be seen as an advertisement. Please note, however, that the plugin is completely free (and everything is ad-free), so I don't earn anything if you use it. I'm just putting this info in here since it seems related and maybe someone finds it useful ;-)

• Aman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have this added please. This is essential for wireframing.

• Thuan Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a built-in feature to fill a text box with placeholder text (Lorem Ipsum). This feature would work much like Adobe Illustrator's "Fill With Placeholder Text".

It would save me a lot of time. Currently, I have to leave the app, go to a third-party placeholder text generator, copy, return to the app and paste.

• Gareth Hogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for having some kind of keyboard combination to fill the text area with Ipsum. The ability to specify your ipsum would be pretty cool as well.

• Lovechand Shrestha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonus : Ability to change default lorem ipsum pargagraph. So we can generate any type of default paragraph by default.

• Joachim Tillessen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for the alt click / right Mouse Button approach. Not sure how to control the amount of text... is filling the whole frame the best option?

• Jon G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, one could always go to the web to copy and paste, but that involves extra unnecessary steps.

Remember Aldus Pagemaker? Yeah, back in 1985 they had a Lorem Ipsum generator built into that program!

• M'Jade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have an integrated lorem ipsum extension with customized options before generating the text

Thanks!!

• Adriana gracia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree about drag the box with Shift or Ctrl if I want to use a Lorem ipsum 'cause for me many of the times I don't want it

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base