Request details

New mode: IA Flow

Simple view to map out the IA (Information architecture), decided feature requests, page relationships, etc. before designing.

This would keep all design blueprints in one system instead of heading out to ___(Mind map or flowchart app of choice)__ to stay on track. Especially when working on small teams.

May reflect a similar (though severely simplified) view of Prototype mode.

421 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Choflet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would allow me to start projects with AdobeXD!! Now, I end up starting with Sketch and not using AdobeXD.

Any plans for a update date?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would allow me to start projects with AdobeXD!! Now, I end up starting with Sketch and not using AdobeXD.

• Philip Jeyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much like to see this feature added together with more of the UX process steps such as Userflow and mood boards. Also with this in mind I like to see a wireframe tab added. The idea is to develop XD to provide a more end to end solution.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconding the idea below of an "IA" tab that would go alongside "Design" and Prototype" tabs. Would allow us to create an IA diagram for the overall product. Flow diagrams are actually something slightly different - they articulate how a user steps through a process. The terms are being used somewhat interchangeably in this feature request but they are actually quite different.

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love if the IA tool supports swimlanes, containers and default flow symbols

• Marshall Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The IA mode should establish 'artboards' for each state - this would allow designers to organize animations or 'states' for pages inside of separate artboards, each page on the IA would create a separate artboard.

• Kurt Iverson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be a huge value add for UX professionals. In particular, allow us to use connectors between shapes that stay connected when the connect shapes are moved.

• Bashar Louzon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support IA Tool like Overflow to be integrated withing discovery phase in ux process if it could be shared with Product managers and whole teams

• Brian R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredible for sitemaps and user flows. Ideally similar to how Omnigraffle does it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base