Request details

Tabbed design view for multiple files

Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

82 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sheldonbrax shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lesje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With tabs it is way easier to have control over the files you work on. In one blink of an eye you can see other files and what you are working on.

• C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! It is very important to the design process at my company that we work with multiple files.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this request - A tabbed interface, exactly like you've implemented in Photoshop and Illustrator is a must.

• Cody King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+100

Why is this "under review"? Can you guys add timeline for delivery of items?

• Cristian Dragos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, definitely a must have! On Windows you can use the same approach as Microsoft Edge when it comes to tabs since XD is a Windows "Modern" App.

• Simon Callsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already standard in Sketch, it really should be implemented–mainly for using items from the UI kits.

• Edwin Delgado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mac OS Sierra allows tabs, which could be leveraged. Don't know how it would look with a native OS frame, but same concept would apply. Having multiple files open is a normal thing.

• Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me gustaría que las estaciones de trabajo se vean en pestañas, como illustrator y photoshop, para no tener que andar minimizando las ventanas para encontrar otro proyecto

"I'd like to view my work in tabs, like Illustrator and Photoshop, so I don't have to keep on minimizing windows to look at another project."

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second this, I'm working with multiple flows and user journeys for different scenarios and flicking between tabs would be super useful. As other usershave said, just dropping one open window on to another to create a tabbed window as per photoshop/illustrator would be awesome!

• Stevo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.. I'm working on 2-3 app design projects at the same time. It would be great if I didn't have to switch between 3 different Adobe XD Windows when they could have been in one instead with tab view.

• Sheldonbrax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@James, That way of working may not work for everyone. But for consistency, if I have tabs in all other Adobe applications, I would expect that I could do the same thing in Xd. As in all of them, you can always hide the tabs if you work better that way.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base