Request details

Paragraph styles

In order to make global typography changes, it would ber very useful to have paragraph styles as part of the feature set. Bonus: export CSS from these paragraphy styles.

747 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lets learn from InDesign! Please integrate a solution soon. Also, what is going on with superscript? I work in a regulated industry and I just cannot keep updating the Rballs #help

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should call them what the DOM does: map InDesign's print-centric Character and Paragraph Styles to an equivalent Block and Inline Styles here in XD for web.

• Peter Villevoye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is not fully completed, since the new Paragraph Spacing value is not yet included in the style.

I know, the Assets panel says "Character Style" so it could be aptly renamed "Text Style" or "Paragraph Style". Or it's time to open up Pandora's Box and start making a difference between Character Styles and Paragraph Styles...

• Ryan Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Adobe can make this work like it does in Illustrator and Indesign, its something that would make me switch from Sketch

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please get an updated on this? This would be a huge efficiency boost for most of us if we could define styles and overrides.

• Eli Sarpila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is important to keep the text size clean.
        Saving H1, T1, B1 makes design across more systematic

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we know the UX & UI design mostly based on Paragraphs and Text, so I see is very important to add Paragraphs justifications like Illustrator and the rest of Adobe Apps.

• Meridith Paulhus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A list of 20 styles that are all named "Arial' is not helpful in any way ,whatsoever. A list of 20 styles with names like "H1, H2, H3, hyperlink...." THAT is helpful. It's so disappointing to have a need so basic to designers be missing at this stage in the development of this tool. Wondering if I made the right choice to add XD to my skill set recently when I could have chosen another option and encountered less frustration. My loyalty to Adobe products has gotten me far, but PLEASE. For the love of all that is holy. Give me NAMEABLE paragraph and character styles in my prototyping software.

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deal breaker. . Adobe has such powerful type controls. The lack of them in XD is puzzling.

• Frank Prendergast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New to XD and have been looking everywhere for the paragraph styles.. I guess this explains why I couldn't find them!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1,000,000,000

Please add the ability to control the line-height/leading between individual paragraphs within the same text area.

This is a critical feature that is keeping me from rolling out XD to my team and 3rd party vendors.

• ssd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

joke of a software, no type styles, no underline text... and call this a design software...

• Casper Sørensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest I don't switch between them that much so it's not a huge inconvenience for me, but I see what you mean :)

• Malte Schümann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But isnt it a bit inconvenient to switch between layer and assets, when you wanna change type styles in your design? Would expect type styles in the right text tool section. just my 2 cents.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base