Request details

Import Videos & Animated GIFs to show in interactive preview

Support to import a video or animated GIFs to simulate animations or even playable video.

4,525 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anas B. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

596 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was ready to share an animated GIF with a client using XD but it doesn't work. I can't believe these functions are not available yet. Shame!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Envision and have been playing around with XD. To the many points being made here - no video or audio embed is hard to believe.

Perhaps your Execs should stop all the stock buybacks in order to manipulate your stock price and start investing just a little bit into better, more competitive products. Just a thought....

with this attitude towards users XD has no chance to be professional tool. Probably Adobe will give paid version soon with all of the features we ask for. By now I definitely switch to another soft.

Power point even gives more possibilities. Here no MP4 no music no external URL no GIF...is it a joke of Adobe?

How about .mp3 files too? So we can make a sound when you click on something! Please!

• LC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow for video/gif files to be imported into an XD project so that animations can be shown in proofs and prototypes! This is definitely a priority!!

I am designing a prototype where I at least have to be able to link imagery to online videos. However, ideally I would need to embed the videos into the prototype itself. I really hope this feature is coming soon. Thank you!

It was bound to happen. Have a prototype I want to build out in XD but can't since it has video. Hope this feature comes along real soon.

Video is often part of really sexy modern UI and not to be able to include it in prototypes for clients is such a shame. Hope you find the time to do it 😁

• Anas M. ElGendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would save us a lot of time, instead of recording the flow and then importing it to Photoshop or After Effect, then exporting it again as GIF. SO please do it for us :)

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was excited to try Adobe XD as an alternative to UXPin and now that I just learned you can't import GIFs I'm at a stand still. Really disappointed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base