Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. It would be very helpful to have a Convert Point Tool (I believe it's called) where you can edit all of your paths that you created with the actual Pen Tool itself. I know XD is supposed to be much more simple than Illustrator is, but there are some things that a person just needs to learn before he gets into a design and this is one of them. Honestly, the only reason I switched from Ai to Xd is that the overall work experience is a lot better but not having features like this one annoys me very much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

You can already convert an anchor point on a path in XD, from straight to curved, or curved to straight. To do so while drawing a new path with the Pen tool, simply double-click on the last point you created. To convert a point on a path you’ve already created, double-click on the path you want to edit with the Select tool, then double-click on any point on the path to convert it.

2. If i publish a prototype privately and i invite another designer on the team, the designer should be able to view my prototype on his XD mobile app just like it was his

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to use a PC keyboard as a trigger to make prototypes of products using hardware switches.

By using USB devices you can use various switch parts.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/FLINT-%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%92%E4%BD%9C%E3%82%8D%E3%81%86%E3%81%9C%EF%BC%81%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%88/dp/B0785PB468

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would love to be able to search for keywords in the plugin manager (i.e. "icons", "data") so finding related plugins will be easer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi, I can't believe how there's 0 sync with Illustrator. I design all my screens there as it is more useful than Xd tools but I can't export them to it. I tried SVG and PSD but didn't work as I wanted. Why isn't so simple as draggin the elements as I always do from Ai to Ps or viceversa? Please, this would be a really useful feature, hope you consider it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the most recent update to Adobe XD (released Oct 15, 2018), you can now open your Illustrator files from right inside XD and it will automatically convert into a new XD file, retaining artboards, layers, and editability.

6. Вы забыли маски!!! на windows. Куда пропали маски на windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape already exists! You can access it using the context menu if you have two objects selected, or by pressing Shift+Ctrl+M.

For more information: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/952982467769548800

Маска с формой уже существует! Вы можете получить доступ к нему, используя контекстное меню, если у вас есть два объекта, или нажав Shift + Ctrl + M.

Для получения дополнительной информации: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/952982467769548800

Это сообщение было переведено машиной.

7. Feature request.

Using this feature user can create the artboard based animation very easily. XD has to create a new scene based frame to select the artboard to animate.

1. Create a scene based frame.
    2. Drag and drop the artboard to animate in frame
    3. Draw the object in the artboard
    4. Same objects would display in other artboards drag and drop in the frame
    5. Move the objects in the frame. (same would refresh in artboards)
    6. Automatically animate the objects (Shape, position, color etc...)
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi Guys,

is it possible to deactivate/disable the page-navigation on the Footer from prototype? Clients use this usually as Slide and don't understand the main fonction of XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Often what happens is that Developers require some assets in either SVG format or any of the other image formats.

Using Design Specs, exporting/downloading a specific icon/vector shape would help ease the asset transferring between Designers and Developers. This would also help maintain the right assets and share it with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Introduce a feature to Swatches, where you can access all your colours that you've saved in other projects and be able to view them in all projects, similar to Photoshop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The hit area of an asset is limited to the icon in list view. which is very counter-intuitive please increase the hit area. and I don't think there will be any harm in doing so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would be very helpful not to require clients/stakeholders to create an Adobe account simply to review their comps. This could be sandboxed within private links to solve security concerns (ie., if they have the link, they can be assumed safe to allow comments from). Many clients won't do so, forcing to send a JPG or PDF via Dropbox instead, which defeats the purpose of having used a prototyping tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I think it would be a great improvement if the current 'mask with shape' feature also worked by using the default container of an image:

1. Select image
    2. Shift + CMD + M
    3. Image is now masked within it's default container that you can edit

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Note from Randy:

Starting with XD 9, images are already masked with a shape! No need to execute any command.

The shape is a Rectangle with same width and height as image. Double-click in the middle to edit size and position of image fill.

Double-click on border to convert rectangle to a path.

14. Why is the comment feature not allowed in the Design Spec Public Link? Why can't it work the same as Prototype Shared Link? Why is it only in the Private Link?

I want a place for my team to review my screens from a bird's eye view without having to invite them.

And the email invite is crap because it only works if it's their adobe email account. But what if they don't have an Adobe account? Then it doesn't work. So now I don't feel confident sharing any private link because it's highly likely they cannot access it.

I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve delivered comments in design specs. Arun has mentioned:

Commenting feature is present even for the Design Spec public links. When you publish a public Design Specs link from latest release of XD and share it with your team, they would be able to open the commenting panel and add provide feedback. Please note that commenting feature is available for both Public & Private links.

Private links is a secure way of sharing your designs with team members. When reviewers click on the invite email, they would be taken to Adobe sign-in page where they can choose to sign-up in case their email does not have an adobe ID. As soon as they sign-up, it would automatically be associated and would provide them access to view your private design.

15. With a consistent design system, I have mapped all the standards we need to use on each project. With that, on XD I'm not able to set those as standards on a file so for an example, each different text element created need to be changed from the standard XD font to the one in my design system.

With that, we would be able not only to document the general standards for the dev team but also would allow us to keep the standards tightly without the chance of forgetting to change something That could work for:

• Standard font (family,…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve introduced linked assets, which will enable you to link your entire assets panel from another document. You should be able to define things in one location and reuse them.

If you’re looking for something different, please feel free to file a new ticket!

16. Hi,

I love XD but I do have one comment when updating the button to create a new link is right next to it, and it's been many times that I click the create a new link by mistake and then I need to resend the last link and or add all the emails to the invite list. Should be good if there is a warning window that you need to double check before create a new link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When object with applied asset color or font style is selected, highlight those assets in the left bar so I know which one is applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently pasting something is always placed on the top most position, that should be changed. Instead pasted elements should always be positioned above the currently selected layer.

Thansk in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Which basis you have define the Artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

If did you know which is the most usable mobile screen sizes / availability in market, please confirm.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)