Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Is there a way to get rid of that default annoying grey border in shared prototypes? What's the purpose? It doesn't appear when viewed on laptop, why it's showing on mobile?

I have a black background design of a mobile app. When viewed on a mobile phone it really impacts the overall experience and generates confusion (is it intentional?).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Adobe Exchange should enable for Adobe XD, so that other developer can develop extensions and allow us to install. Like we have. this option for other CC products like, Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign and others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I tried to open a sketch file but all the screens are blank with no data except the layers names

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Basically, just a warning would be fine, when a design trying to open a file that's already opened, just let them know, and eventually let they know who they are would be nice too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would it be possible to have the libraries window attach to the side panel like the other tools instead of always floating in the work space? If you minimize the app the panel stays and gets in the way. Thank you! We are loving the app so far.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Just like how it works in Zeplin, developers can select an asset in the design to inspect its properties and then can download that asset to use.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

1. Please let me use beta version before full version.
    2. Feature update of the full version is too late. Monthly updates are relatively quick compared to other programs, but in the prototype implementation, important menu fixes and keyboard slides are only shown in the seminar, and the updates are actually too late. We expected these features to be updated in the May update. But the actual updates are very disappointing. So I want you to use the beta version before the full version comes out. From -xd-savvy users -
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone!

I’m excited to share that importing Lottie JSON is now supported in XD 45 (released on 10/26). You can drag and drop Lottie JSON directly into the canvas and control when it plays back or whether it loops. In addition, we have partnered with the LottieFiles team and are also introducing a plugin to find Lottie animations more easily. Go get it!

8. There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The current position of the 'duration since a comment was written' has confused a few people, due to it's proximity to the 'Reply' link. I've attached a screenshot - see the second comment.

Upon initial glance, it appears that the time since the comment was created actually refers to the reply, rather than the original comment. The line reads "1 reply 3 days ago". In this case, '3 days ago' refers to the time since the initial comment, and is unrelated to the reply action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve adjusted the way we present comments in the past year. Now, the comment is in the upper right corner of the comment, while the reply button is in the lower left hand corner. Please feel free to file another ticket if you feel like additional improvements need to be made!

10. Merge CC libraries and Assets Panel. It doesn't make sense to have 2 "panels" for the same thing. Photoshop has 1, Illustrator has 1. Why not XD?

Plus, i can't use the "features" assigned to the asset panel with the CC libraries. WHY?!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Templates for single paging Landing websites for various digital marketing campaigns

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To comment on a shared prototype link currently, we have to type the comment and then select where on the prototype we'd like to place the comment. This is very counter-intuitive because the comment bar on the bottom right feels disconnected from the prototype.

If I could pick a location first and then type the comment directly next to it, then that will help me remember what I'm commenting about.

Also, it would be great to highlight a comment more prominently when its corresponding icon/number is clicked on the prototype. Right now its a very subtle background change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hard to view specifications of every element in a group/layer. For developers it seems better not to group anything, so they can view every item and layer (like overlays, highlighted text, etc.). But even then one cannot see all colors of the layers in one element (when you show different states of button, you add a 30% black overlapping layer on top of a color). A solution would be to show all layers, and make them selectable.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now introduced right-click as well as ability to hold CMD to drill down on layers. With these two features, one can select any layer in the artbaords that you are inspecting

14. I saw that you can grouped elements, and then make one change that applies to all. I don't know what are the steps to achieve this? Could you show us how? I couldn't find a tutorial on the Adobe Help page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. オブジェクトの選択について

「デザインスペック」画面で、
    重なっているオブジェクトの枚数が多いと、
    オブジェクトが選択ができないようです。
    (階層が下のオブジェクトが選択できない?)

オブジェクト間の正確なマージンが取れずに困っています。
    修正のご検討、よろしくお願いいたします。

About selecting objects

On the "Design Spec" screen,
    If the number of overlapping objects is large,
    It seems that you can not select an object.
    (Can not select object with hierarchy below??)

I am in trouble because I can not get an accurate margin between objects.
    Consideration of correction, thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

機能を完了したときにこれを見逃したようです! 設計仕様を右クリックしてその下のレイヤーを確認し、それを選択して測定できるようにします。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

Looks like we missed this one when we completed the feature! You can right click in the design spec and see the layers underneath it, then select it to be able to measure.

17. Every now and then I find myself juggling with layout settings as soon as I change the width of an existing artboard and want the layout to stay the same.
    Especially when designing for the web.
    Suppose I have a design made on a canvas with a width of 1280. The design is vertically centerd on the artboard. When I change the width of the canvas to say 1500, the design doesn't stay in the center, but positions itself relative to the upper left corner. And the Grid Layout adapts to the new width, meaning that column width and gutter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When viewing design specs on smaller screens, the top, right, and bottom panels take up too much space. I recommend making the right panel collapsible, the bottom panel shorter, and the top panel transparent like the bottom one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why did you move the eye dropper tool inside the fill dialogue box? It now takes two clicks to access it instead of the original one click. With a tool that is used so frequently this is not a good thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 31 32