Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Component States to Development (Design Specs)

How can we export Hover states to development?
    In the specs there is only one state in the component. How will development see all states?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  12 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download assets as JPGs from Design Specs

Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export XD assets panel to SASS

I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show component name in the design specs

It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export entire prototype as a User/Wire Flow type diagram

It's very easy to create linked "prototypes" within XD - thank you...

However, the way a prototype is viewed makes seeing the "flows" that exist within it very hard.

What I would like to see is a way to export all the artboards with the prototype "linking" arrows visible and nicely rendered as a large diagram...

This diagram would be similar to the concept of "Wireflows" (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/) and enable an easy way to produce another type of design deliverable.

I appreciate that the design specs feature sort of allows this, in that you can see see all artboards,…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Publish Character Style Names in Design Specs

When you are working with many different fonts it's handy to name them to keep check of what you are working with. However when uploading the design specs to hand over to the developer, it lists the font styles WITHOUT the custom names.

Please can you upload the style names too?

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expand design spec inspector by default

I'd like to be able to choose to have the property inspector already open in development view. It would save having to describe how to click on the icon to engineers every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prioritize color names over hex values in Design Spec

Small detail, but as we define design system elements, the names of those elements are more important than the technical value.

In this case, for colors, the name of the color asset is more important than the hex value. Please swap the display of those values to reflect the importance...or provide the ability to turn that hex value off since, in some cases, developers should only be referencing the name anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PDF design specs

We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mask Design Specs

Masked layers should have the ability to be inspected for sharing with developers. They are currently treated as one grouped element where individual layers cannot be inspected.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to view guides in Design Specs

This is extremely important, almost as important as bringing back the old Design Specs flow which you took away for no logical reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Find next component (highlight on canvas one-by-one)

To whom this may concern,

Hello,

I am one of the Adobe XD users and just have few questions regarding any planned updates for the functions of “highlight on canvas” function in the Assets Panel.
    Currently on the artboard, it is clearly indicated where the function is on the Assets Panel, but for the large-scale projects, where many artboards are maintained, it is difficult to determine where exactly the component is highlighted, even when the function is used.
    Also, during the execution of a large-scale project, it is difficult to determine where each personnel has used the canvas.
    If I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export style sheet for developers

Dev gets confused about what styles are what. I thought the XD Share for Dev link would have the styles in the sidebar, but there are none. I even have a master document with all of my assets: fonts, colors, and elements. Now I have to go back in and manually annotate what fonts are connected to what styles.. It would be a small addition, but would be super great in striving to better communicate with my dev team. Thank you for your consideration!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More Units for CSS snippets

More options for the units in the CSS snippets, both for text and other objects. For example em, %, vw and other CCS units used for responsive web design.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rectangular Marquee Measurement Tool

A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to copy only selected content from the developer share link

When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  81 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide ability to turn off CSS section in Design Specs

In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase zoom range for Design Specs

The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. View number of times a component is used in Design Specs

As the UI/UX Designer that works on projects with multiple teams, it would be nice if my developers could see the components, how many times they've been used, and where.

We could always let them use the Adobe XD document, but as per their request it would be nice to see all of this information in one place since they're already in love with the dev view and tools there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base