Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As an added feature, similar to what Avacode and Sympli provide, it would be nice to display the layers panel in design spec mode. The user can select a layer and it will highlight in the document art board.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to get a notification when a specs link has been updated. This could be a browser notification or another way.

Because now when I make a change tot the design, I have to send everyone a email asking to them to refresh their browser to see the changes.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There needs to be a better way or an alternative way to download assets from the design specs for developers. Right now, you would have to set each asset on each page to be able to be downloaded. This works great for a single page, but when you have a ton of pages representing either different states or different parts of the flow, it's hard to remember or even know which page you can download which asset from.

Most assets that get used are made into symbols, so it would be great to be able to set the symbols to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For people using Xamarin to develop Mobile Apps we need a Px's to Pt's conversion on the design specs. We are doing a lot of work converting those numbers when developing. Seems to me that a converter would be fairly easy.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I see that now the design specs allows the developers to extract design assets. Totally cool! Good job!

One problem is that right now I have to mark my design spec specifically for one platform (ios, android or web). But sometimes we designers club those in one single file as separate group of artboards for simplicity. In such situations this feature is a problem. Both android and ios developers are using the same design spec, but only one of them can extract the assets.

I would suggest to remove the platform selection option while publishing and provide platform selection to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There's no way of knowing if there's a comment added to design spec unless you actually click the comment icon - and that icon is not very visable or explanatory. Would be nice if there was some sort of visual cue marker letting me know if the spec file contains comments or not. I checked with several developers both inhouse and externally and none of them knew I had placed comments cause its totally out of sight and mind when there's nothing warning them - like a red icon or a marker somewhere for instance? As it is now I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great if the assets library in Adobe Xd be exported to the design specs. In that way developers will be able to get a general specification sheets from the designer. Designers can even create classes for each font and name the colors based on there branding standards.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be a great idea if there is an option to print the design specs on paper. Just like the option in Adobe Illustrator to print crop marks, in design specs we can create marks & regions of elements used it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If a link update has been made by a designer to the Design Spec a slack notification automatically gets sent to a channel/user within slack with the link and the changes that have been made. e.g new artboards added etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It is not easy to manage all the colors and styles in a design in XD

There is no overall design specs for all artboards in the design specs nor in XD, making it hard to review all design styles in 1 place.
    Colors and Character Styles in assets can't be use as style guide/ in app design specs, the current version is not favoring this function

Something similar to this suggestion is needed but with more function
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34285129-integrate-designs-specs-inside-adobexd

[Second feature request moved to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34705201]

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think it would be helpful if the Character Styles were listed in groups in order of the font that has the largest size. Since devs are usually programming things by defining the biggest to smallest (H1 > H2 > H3 > P), this would help us to see what we're up against. Next, if we added in a second font weight with a variety of colors, we would collect by the size-1st, color-2nd and weight-3rd (favoring the lighter weight to be listed first).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need file name info in specs links to prototype.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)