Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

553 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Storybook integration

For maintain a design system and improve the collaboration with developers could be great to integrate the XD components with Storybook (https://storybook.js.org/).

This will allow keeping updated and in sync the system across both departments.

Example of similar flow: https://medium.com/@brandaiapp/connect-sketch-symbols-with-their-react-counterparts-d100be414acd

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Confluence (Server) Integration

We need a possibility to embed prototypes and design specs into Confluence (Server version, not Cloud) since we use confluence to manage large ui and software projects. Confluence therefor is the central place to organise user stories, screen designs, prototpyes etc.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Coediting in MS-Teams synced file

Just like the co-editing feature that came out in November 2019 where we can do real time collaboration on a CC cloud document... Please do a similar thing with Microsoft Teams synced file.

Right now we can work on a same file that is synced in MS-Teams, but cannot do realtime saving and changes. Please do it real time coediting :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD integration to Marvel app

Able to integrate the Adobe XD file into Marvelapp or plugin, so that can utilise the design handoff for developer and Design system if possible. Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update converted sketch library in sketch

Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD Jira Plugin - Leverage JIRA Filters on Shared XD Boards

Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate with Maze.Design

Maze.Design is an extraordinary user testing tool that is personally my go to tool for usability testing.

Maze is amazingly simple and intuitive to import designs and create a user test, and track a users session, it provides details such as heat-maps, screen time, device details etc.

It currently has integrations with InVision, Sketch and Marvel. It would be AMAZING to get AdobeXD in on that list.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rasterize Photoshop smart objects on import

Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

• Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges

• Blending modes are ignored

• Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC Library (I'm putting…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Convert sketch library state recognition

In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integration with Azure DevOps

Our DevOps teams use Azure DevOps can we have an integration for linking prototypes to Work Items in ADO?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. there was problem converting your sketch library adobe xd on latest update

there was problem converting your sketch library adobe xd on latest update on windows 10 and importing sketch assets the file of Hofmann Responsive UI Kit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Comments to Project Management Tools

Export comments to Trello/Asana/Teamwork Projects etc.
    With the goal of assigning actionable tasks to team members for further iterations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Zeplin: Just export selected artboards

If I export to zeplin XD exports ALL artboards. But I just like to export few selected artboards (and not my alternative designs). Please implement an option to select: ALL | Just selected artboards to export to zeplin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. artboard states

Artboard States:

Assume we have artboard "#1" which will be used as an overlay MODAL. That MODAL can easily be a component with different states such as "success" and "error", but that doesn't go far enough in reducing artboard clutter because you can't access the states via prototype interactions unless they exist in their own artboard.
    I propose Artboard States. This feature would be useful for Prototyping. For Example; if I click an artboard named "A" then the Prototype Interaction panel option for "destination" to Artboard "#1" should also include what state I want to land on. For example "#1…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add styles and objects to assets library when importing a PSD

When importing a PSD into XD, it should be able to create an assets library such as images, font styles used, colour palettes etc.

Perhaps even a components library, provided the groups or whatever it may be have been correctly named.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open XD-File in Photoshop for further advanced work

When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy text from Sketch & Paste in XD

Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deprecated call to Jira REST API

The addon is still using a call to API which is now depreciated (/rest/api/2/mypermissions without permissions parameter).

Read more:
    https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/change-notice-get-my-permissions-requires-permissions-query-parameter/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share, Download and Delete (Cloud Documents must have options online or locally)

Currently Cloud Documents when selected only have a Delete option. I believe the document should have more options. Use the three dots menu and add the options to Share and Download next to the existing Delete button.

These options should be available when the cloud documents are accessed online as well.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base