Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open entire XD document in Photoshop

When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export auto-animate transitions to After Effects

Preserve animations with export to After Effects.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share, Download and Delete (Cloud Documents must have options online or locally)

Currently Cloud Documents when selected only have a Delete option. I believe the document should have more options. Use the three dots menu and add the options to Share and Download next to the existing Delete button.

These options should be available when the cloud documents are accessed online as well.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Design Systems: Documentation syncs between design system and projects.

Design Systems: Documentation syncs between design system and projects. an online resource where all design related documentation is stored, Colors, Typography, Assets, UI Patterns and more.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warp image effect

Please add an image perspective/warp image effect tool.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add styles and objects to assets library when importing a PSD

When importing a PSD into XD, it should be able to create an assets library such as images, font styles used, colour palettes etc.

Perhaps even a components library, provided the groups or whatever it may be have been correctly named.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Deprecated call to Jira REST API

The addon is still using a call to API which is now depreciated (/rest/api/2/mypermissions without permissions parameter).

Read more:
    https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/change-notice-get-my-permissions-requires-permissions-query-parameter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export to After Effects at @2x resolution

Export to AE works great. I do however wish image assets would come in at @2x resolution (or even @3x as an option?). This way the comp wouldn’t end up blurry.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Jira integration is not sufficient

Now I can only link a full prototype / design spec to a jira issue.
    Our workflow is to (deep)link specific screens from that prototype to a single ticket as the scope of the issue is only a part of the prototype.

Or is there a workaround?

This is an important feature to make the Jira integration useful for us.
    I'm using Jira Server in my organisation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Preserve CC Library Vectors when importing from Photoshop to XD

I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create JIRA issue from XD annotation

We'd like the ability to create a JIRA issue directly from an annotation point in XD so that the prototype/design is linked to its implementation work in JIRA.

My workaround right now is to call out the numeric annotations within the description of a specific JIRA issue but I think this could be improved by a link between the two.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects Integration: Groups should be imported as compositions

When exporting to After effects the xd pages are split into layers in After Effects but the grouping seems to be lossed. This has meant that it is difficult to find the correct layers and groups. It would be ideal if groups in XD were changed into compositions in after effects with the layers for each group held within.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integration with Arduino

Control prototypes with Arduino devices

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reference external data source for strings

Use a reference of external strings IDs in text fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe XD for Jira

We are interested in using the Adobe XD for Jira add-in. However when installed it is present on every Jira project. Jira is widely used inside our company for many software development and reliability projects.

We would like to use the add-in only on GUI development projects were we are also using Adobe XD, would it be possible for you to update the add-in to enable this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for Invision Inspect Mode

I would like to be able to export files from XD to Invision use Invision's 'Inspect Mode' to view object attributes, css snippets etc, which would aid in front-end development immensely. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. OneDrive integration

Allow edit online vía OneDrive by multiple users as Office 365.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support options for export to After Effects

Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. JIRA: Preview of an artboard for artboard link, not of main artboard

Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Protopie Export - Retain Element Types

Not sure if this is something XD would do or Protopie.

Currently when exporting to Protopie there are no options aside from which artboards to send. When the elements come over they are all flattened to bitmap images. Protopie seems to have almost the exact same element types as XD but they currently do not link to one another and there is no option to select bitmap or text/editable vector. This is great for text since it means users won't need to have the fonts installed to view the prototype correctly on mobile. But it is a serious issue when…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base