Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. I would like to use xd to preview color schemes from Coolors

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. For Jira Server plugin, setup the configuration to prevent new projects from being added to the Adobe XD group.

because only a small section of users in our system will find the plugin useful we do not want new projects to have the Adobe plugin enabled by default. This is because of how the XD plugin is displayed in the middle of the Jira issue, which is more intrusive to users who do not want to use the plugin.

If not possible is it possible to have the XD plugin show on the side bar and display in middle if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would love to have live links to AE animations inside of XD.

For example, select a component, choose "animate in AE", and it opens in an AE comp to be animated. Then when you're finished, that animation is live in XD, and can be edited in AE with a live pipeline like Cineware's link between AE and C4D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Image attached, that same icon in XD (Left), and in Illustrator (Right). See how the same icon is different on each app?

I've recently discovered knockout groups in Illustrator for making invisible gaps in objects to retain original object's properties and exact shape while also allowing stylized gaps between the shapes (hope I'm making sense). However, when I put this same object (and others like it) in the Libraries panel in Illustrator, and then drag it from the XD Libraries window onto the XD artboard, I realized that the invisible gaps are not present in XD. This screws up my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate with Shopify API to pull in products to prototypes from actual live store data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When copying visuals from XD and pasting into Keynote, the content gets blurry. I think this used to work better earlier? Pasting to Keynote from Sketch and Illustrator gives you much better image quality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Artboard States:

Assume we have artboard "#1" which will be used as an overlay MODAL. That MODAL can easily be a component with different states such as "success" and "error", but that doesn't go far enough in reducing artboard clutter because you can't access the states via prototype interactions unless they exist in their own artboard.
    I propose Artboard States. This feature would be useful for Prototyping. For Example; if I click an artboard named "A" then the Prototype Interaction panel option for "destination" to Artboard "#1" should also include what state I want to land on. For example "#1…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When importing a PSD into XD, it should be able to create an assets library such as images, font styles used, colour palettes etc.

Perhaps even a components library, provided the groups or whatever it may be have been correctly named.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Our DevOps teams use Azure DevOps can we have an integration for linking prototypes to Work Items in ADO?

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The addon is still using a call to API which is now depreciated (/rest/api/2/mypermissions without permissions parameter).

Read more:
    https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/change-notice-get-my-permissions-requires-permissions-query-parameter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please help to provide integration from Invision (Studio File) Compatibility to Adobe XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I export to zeplin XD exports ALL artboards. But I just like to export few selected artboards (and not my alternative designs). Please implement an option to select: ALL | Just selected artboards to export to zeplin.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

• Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges
    • Blending modes are ignored
    • Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC Library (I'm putting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All other Adobe Programmes allow for font auto-activation from Extensis Suitcase. Can we add it to XD?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)