Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow macro software to use XD

Hi there,

I generally like to have the Adobe softwares configured on gaming equipment such as mouse and keyboard with macro buttons. This really makes working on them faster.

Adobe Xd, since it is attached to an inaccessible file in WindowsApp, doesn't have that. This would be great if you consider having the .exe file somewhere else (this is probably naive of me to think that).

Anyhow, I like Xd so far but this puts me off since using macros is generally how I work best :/ (having most of what I need on my mouse for instance)

All the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Bridge CC and XMP Metadata Integration

It would be great to have the possibility of integrate Comet's design files into a Bridge-Based workflow.

Support for XMP metadata, possibility to see/use the color swatches used into a document, quick thumbnails preview (Like ID files), keywording, etc...

Unfortunately many apps made by adobe over the time use files that does not integrates into Bridge workflow, like Muse, Edge Reflow, Edge Animate, other...

Francesco

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rasterize Photoshop smart objects on import

Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

- Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges
    - Blending modes are ignored
    - Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects Integration: Groups should be imported as compositions

When exporting to After effects the xd pages are split into layers in After Effects but the grouping seems to be lossed. This has meant that it is difficult to find the correct layers and groups. It would be ideal if groups in XD were changed into compositions in after effects with the layers for each group held within.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warp image effect

Please add an image perspective/warp image effect tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive integration

Allow edit online vía OneDrive by multiple users as Office 365.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import mesh gradient & freeform gradient from Illustrator

从AI 画的效果不能完全到复制XD上 类似网格渐变

----
    Admin note: this request is about simply importing the correct appearance from AI. If you want to *create* or edit this kind of gradient in XD, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/36364030-create-edit-freeform-gradients.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding ID to views and elements

I'm doing an app and i'm getting a lot of views. It would be great if we could add an ID to views/elements and write somewhere (a console maybe ?) something like "for each view that contains this ID, add this button" or "change the background color".
    I think it would makes us gain a lot of time.
    It could be a feature for those who know how to code ? Or something simpler that everyone could use without coding.

Thanks for reading !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integration with Illustrator Symbols

Would love to see an integration with Adobe Illustrator Symbols!
    Will give the users an easier way to work and export directly from AI symbol panel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integration with Azure DevOps

Our DevOps teams use Azure DevOps can we have an integration for linking prototypes to Work Items in ADO?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zeplin: Just export selected artboards

If I export to zeplin XD exports ALL artboards. But I just like to export few selected artboards (and not my alternative designs). Please implement an option to select: ALL | Just selected artboards to export to zeplin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create JIRA issue from XD annotation

We'd like the ability to create a JIRA issue directly from an annotation point in XD so that the prototype/design is linked to its implementation work in JIRA.

My workaround right now is to call out the numeric annotations within the description of a specific JIRA issue but I think this could be improved by a link between the two.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe XD for Jira

We are interested in using the Adobe XD for Jira add-in. However when installed it is present on every Jira project. Jira is widely used inside our company for many software development and reliability projects.

We would like to use the add-in only on GUI development projects were we are also using Adobe XD, would it be possible for you to update the add-in to enable this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Jira integration is not sufficient

Now I can only link a full prototype / design spec to a jira issue.
    Our workflow is to (deep)link specific screens from that prototype to a single ticket as the scope of the issue is only a part of the prototype.

Or is there a workaround?

This is an important feature to make the Jira integration useful for us.
    I'm using Jira Server in my organisation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support options for export to After Effects

Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. JIRA: Preview of an artboard for artboard link, not of main artboard

Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After Effects Export - Grouped paths as single shape layer

When sending files to After Effects, add ability for paths that are grouped together to come in as a single shape layer, instead of multiple parented shape layers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integration of Overflow plugin

Please provide to the Overflow plugin the prototyping links.
    Other tools just do that.

Without this feature we have to redesign all the navigation.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alternate Input API

My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base