Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alternate Input API

My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live publish

It would do well to all of us if we could connect our projects to an existing domain address and have it LIVE.
    I believe that this feature would be most appreciated by everyone since it allows us to be able to create a website or app the way we want and then be able to put it LIVE right away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrating with Canvasflip

as UX designer I need a/b testing, more than prototype I need read a heatmap..good possibilty direct integrate from xd to canvasflip. should like sketch to canvasflip.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import shadow properties from Adobe Illustrator

When I copy an element from Illustrator to Experience Design, the shadow effects are not imported, making a transparent box with nothing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

What version of AI and XD are you using? How are you defining the shadow in AI?

Cheers,
    M.

5. Asset type definition

I'm not what most would consider a Pro user but I've always loved and supported Adobe's application integration (the 'edit with' submenu, smart object, linked item, etc.) So maybe a nice implementation with the eventual integrations with 'send to Muse', or 'convert to Illustrator artboards', etc. might be:

Upon importing an asset or making a symbol, since these may be simply placeholders for actual assets, would be to have the ability to give them a definition of 'type'. This could be a variety of things but if you're prototyping a spot for a carousel but the content isn't yet made…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Coediting in MS-Teams synced file

Just like the co-editing feature that came out in November 2019 where we can do real time collaboration on a CC cloud document... Please do a similar thing with Microsoft Teams synced file.

Right now we can work on a same file that is synced in MS-Teams, but cannot do realtime saving and changes. Please do it real time coediting :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improved Import from Photoshop to XD

When importing a PSD into XD, it should be able to create an assets library such as images, font styles used, colour palettes etc.

Perhaps even a components library, provided the groups or whatever it may be have been correctly named.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Large Web Page Scrolling

I have been trying to develop a web page layout that will allow for both horizontal AND vertical scrolling simultaneously. Obviously, they have the vertical scrolling feature already. It is great for standard web page development and mobile pages, but how it currently displays when you have a larger overall page, it shrinks it fit in the displays field, reducing the overall scale to fit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy text from Sketch & Paste in XD

Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update converted sketch library in sketch

Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. there was problem converting your sketch library adobe xd on latest update

there was problem converting your sketch library adobe xd on latest update on windows 10 and importing sketch assets the file of Hofmann Responsive UI Kit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deprecated call to Jira REST API

The addon is still using a call to API which is now depreciated (/rest/api/2/mypermissions without permissions parameter).

Read more:
    https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/change-notice-get-my-permissions-requires-permissions-query-parameter/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Import InVision Studio document

Please help to provide integration from Invision (Studio File) Compatibility to Adobe XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open XD-File in Photoshop for further advanced work

When designing a banner for a youtube channel or facebook-site with cover image … I'd like to export my images in the right size, but the export from XD to JPG/PNG is poor (color-mistakes no attachment of color profiles) OR if Iäd like to make advanced work (filters/masks etc.) I don't like to rebuild my design in Photoshop. An export from XD to Photoshop 8with all layers) would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto Activation of fonts from Suitcase

All other Adobe Programmes allow for font auto-activation from Extensis Suitcase. Can we add it to XD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Preserve CC Library Vectors when importing from Photoshop to XD

I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Relink to library graphic

Add functionality that Photoshop has to 'Relink to library graphic'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reference external data source for strings

Use a reference of external strings IDs in text fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export with Zeplin - Exclude Sublayers

In Sketch there is an option adding "-g-" as prefix to a folder name you want to export to avoid the devs to select the sublayers of this folder.

feature is describe here at the bottom of the page

https://support.zeplin.io/sketch-integration/exporting-assets-from-sketch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send to After Effects - Choose where to save images

Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base