Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When recording a prototype interaction, the circle cursor shows off all of the jerky movements of my mouse. An option to automatically smooth my cursor movements would make for a cleaner and higher fidelity animation.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation
    • Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

956 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WHY mobile landscape in Preview have space at top and bottom with black color, its ugly, this gape/space can only be gone if height is 550 or more, height under 550 have this space which make whole prototype look very ugly to show some one. in the screenshot attached The W is 736 and the H is 414 Landscape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Description:
    If embeded prototypes result in error when an artboard contains voice playback, then disable "get embed code" from XD

Why is this valuable to you?
    The current experience is inconsistent with user expectations and capabilities.

When designer adds voice-playback to an prototype for the first time, alert designer that prototype can not be embedded and disable Get Embed Code text option in XD Share>Share for Review dialog window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sometimes, while linking artboards, I have the need to zoom out to find the destination artboard.

I click the origin anchor (it turns blue), zoom out and keep the destination artboard visible, then I click the blue anchor and link to the artboard I want.

It'd be nice if I'd be able to zoom in/out using CTRL + Mouse Scroll while dragging the linking line.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 18 19