Adobe XD: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Label assets

I love the recent addition of the Colors, Character styles and Symbols in the Assets panel.

I think it would be an improvement to be able to label the assets. Especially the Character styles. When having a lot of them it would be easier to find the right style by naming them.

For example:

Sub-header Android
    Roboto
    Medium - 14pt

Sub-header iOS
    SF UI Text
    Regular - 13pt

58 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Artboard names *should not* change to an ellipsis when zoomed out

Since the August 22 release, when zoomed out far enough, artboard names go away and you just see an ellipsis (...). While the artboard names were previously difficult to read (in some cases, text over text), there has to be a better way than removing them completely. Access to the artboard name is important.

30 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Reorder assets within the Asset Panel

Manually drag-n-drop to sort assets in the Assets window

Problem:
        Assets in the Asset window are not always sorted per expectation.
        Example-1: If during a project I create a tint of a certain color, I may want to place that swatch next to its parent color.
        Example-2: I need to sort my color assets in accordance with our style-guide and have the primary prior to my secondary colors.

Solution:
        Be able to drag-n-drop assets in the Asset window to sort them manually.

30 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability to move/organise symbols in the library

Sometimes I have had to redo a symbol, and when I add it to the library it's miles away from the other symbols of its kind.

It would be useful to be able to rearrange symbols manually and/or in categories and/or being able to group them for easy finding when you have hundreds!

72 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Nested Symbol Overrides: swap inner symbol in different copies of outer symbol

So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

103 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Fit Textbox to Text

I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

26 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Save symbols to be used across multiple projects

Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

88 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Gradients: color stops at the extremes are difficult to select

Color stops fixed at the extremes are not easily selectable. They seem to be under the bars. Could they be over each bar?

17 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Display RGBA in the color picker

Please add RGBA values to the HEX and HSBA values shown. Most of my CSS color values are now stated in RGBA values (255,255,255,0.5) rather than simple HEX as layouts become more modern and complicated.

67 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Preserve corner radius when resizing

If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

76 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Finding Symbols in the Symbol Library

As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

40 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Find Font (globally replace one font with another)

Include a "find font" panel like in Adobe Illustrator to globally replace one font with another. Even with the symbol/assets panel this is hard for documents that you did not architect and may require a lot of extra work (i.e. the iOS UI kits in a windows environment where San Francisco font has to be downloaded from third party sources and converted manually to .ttf)

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Swap/override SVGs (like images)

[Mac] Unintentional masking problem with SVGs when replacing via drag

Tried to find this in the forums, so I hope I'm not posting about a known issue!

I have an icon (SVG) in one of my layouts. I've duplicated my artboard several times. With regular images (like PNGs), I can just drag a new image onto the one I want to replace or swap out. Works fine. But if I use SVGs, dragging the new SVG icon onto an existing one creates a mask group...?

(v. 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61)

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, it makes sense! Once we import SVG, we essentially treat it like any other object. It sounds like you want to ensure that your SVGs retain some “image” properties and be able to swap them the way you can already swap images. I’ll keep this one as open for now! Thanks for getting back to us. :)

-Elaine

• Workaround for annotations in design and preview mode

While we're waiting on Xd to add a feature for annotations / documentation / callouts / etc., I have come up with a very useful workaround. This workaround lets you add a notes panel next to each artboard that can be easily moved with the artboard, scaled to accommodate longer scrolling pages, and can be easily shown or hidden when running in preview mode.

This attached document includes lots of detail on how to use the workaround yourself, as well as plenty of feedback for the Xd team on what I'd like to see in the annotations feature once they…

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • set font-style when selecting all characters in text

Before, I could change only selected characters font-style even if I selected all characters in the text object.

So, I can design the calendar UI very easily. (please play the video)
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCImsSCCHXc

But it does not work as it is.
                                The color of text objects in repeat grid was replaced by new one.

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for letting us know about this. We’re looking into the issue, but a little more information would be a huge help. Could you send us a copy of your XD file, and the text file you used to populate it?

For repeat grids, the general rule of thumb is that if all the text is selected when you make a character style change (font family, font style, font size, char spacing, or fill), then all copies of that item in the repeat grid will get that change. Otherwise, if only part of the text is selected, that change will not be propagated. It looks like you’re seeing something in between, where the style change propagates to some but not all copies, which doesn’t sound right.

Thanks again for your help tracking this down,
                                  -Bear

• Revision Control

It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

120 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Toggle show/hide measurements

Description: A toggle or a hotkey to show/hide the size of the objects and/or the distance between all objects in the project.

Why: It will make easier to know how to position the objects, to be exact the same as in the XD file, when you develop the app. well it not so hard to calculate it by yourself. XD knows how to show it when you move the objects, the only thing left is just to create a button to show and keep it on visible, but with automatically calculated distance and size of all objects. As a web…

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• One click to edit text

This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

7 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Inner shadow, inner glow, outer glow.

I realise there have been several topics on this. However They're all over 1 year old and still have no status.

I'm missing the inner shadow, inner glow and outer glow options. These are basic elements used for creating UI designs.

I've (already) chosen to adopt Adobe Xd within my company as the standard UI prototyping and design tool. However this is a great handicap. I can't even design a "pressed/active" button now since it won't let me do a inner shadow.

What's the deal guys?

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Graphic tab/pen compatibility

Currently while having PS or illustrator open while working with XD it can be a little annoying when jumping back into XD you have to down the graphic pen and switch to mouse pad. I use my graphics tab more and more and being able to use it in XD with such things like the pen tool would really help UX imo

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base