Scrollable Area (not scrolling whole artboard)
Define a scrollable area within an artboard
This provides real-world app use cases, such as a table, slideshow, or iOS dropdown lists.
I’m excited to announce that with XD 30 we’ve added support for Scroll Groups. Try it out and please let us know your feedback.
Use these resources to learn more about the feature:
1. Tutorial: https://t.co/ySNRLeDzPV?amp=1
2. Blog post: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-june-2020-scroll-groups-stacks-more/?scid=3%202f3ddc0-7c6a-46d2-8e65-0033367b151f&mv=social&mv2=owned_social
I'm also looking for this feature.
As a possible solution:
1) Add a new Component Type such as "Artboard Component ." Editing this component type would have and boundary indicator like an Artboard to define the scrollable bounds.
2) Option to add scroll boundaries to any component and allow fixed positioning toggle the same as in an Artboard in order to create more complex forms.
Hopefully that makes sense and sounds like something that is programable and easily understood by users.
Just started using Adobe XD in production for the first time and I am little baffled this feature does not exist - even more so because people have been asking for this feature for 3 years with no success.
This is a MUST HAVE feature!
There's a workaround, but not a real scrolling area, but it can do the trick for quick demos:
1. Create a long content which will be scrollable
2. Group it
3. Create a rectangle which will be your scrollable area (the rectangle must be above your group)
4. Right click -> Mask with a shape (or Ctrl+Alt+M). Your content is now masked with the shape.
5. Duplicate your artboard
6. On the new artboard, expand the mask group, Select your content group and move it (typically all the way up for a vertical scroll)
7. Now back to your first Artboard: Select the content group (use layers panel to expand the mask group)
8. Add an interaction : scroll / auto animation / artboard 2
9. To the same in artboard 2 on the content group: scroll/auto animation / artboard 1
10. Preview. (Try to) enjoy
See example attached
Daddys Boy commented
Oooo daddy OwO. Please put your HUGE scrolling feature in my tight little Adobe xD
Hi Guys, you can do that by fixing all others elements and make larger your artboard as you would have done if it was the whole artboard which should scroll
Hope it would help you !
I think I will be grandfather when this feature is released. But I think I then better play with my grandchilds than designing websites with adobe xd
I am looking for such an informative post for a long time. Thank you for sharing your expertise. This post is very helpful. It's informative too! https://www.iwishingyou.online/
<a href="https://www.iwishingyou.online/">I Wishingyou.Online</a> Is One Of The Best Website For All Types Of Wishes, Images, Messages, Quotes, Greetings, Sayings, Cards, Anniversary, Diwali Wishes, Republic Day Wishes, Happy New Year Wishes, Birthday Wishes, Condolence Messages, Congratulations Messages, Durga Puja Wishes, Whatsapp Status, Facebook Status, Birthday Wishes, Wedding Wishes, Festival Status, Love Quotes, And Famous Quotes.Etc
Read our post <a href="https://www.iwishingyou.online/2019/10/happy-valentines-day-wishes-and-quotes-2020.html">Click Here</a>
Your post was good and useful for me. i hope that you continue publishing these series of contents. good luck.
Also check out my Blog. <a href="https://www.iwishingyou.online/">I Wishingyou.Online</a>
Add me to the list of designers that is counting the year until this features is finally released.
Hopefully, before 2025 🤓
Tapas Das commented
When are we expecting this feature to be released?
Cassiana da Silva Ferraz commented
Please! It's very important.
Make this happen please!!!!!!
when will Master detail view be available on XD its been 3 years and still no feature for it??
And not just one scrollable area but having the ability to have multiple scrollable areas on one artboard.
Is this really a 3 year old request..... man. The lack of this has actually made my last three projects a bit of a living hell because I'm unable to illustrate simple scroll box functionality. Let alone trying to emulate the WPF side scrolling grid functionality.... I don't understand how it's been 3 years. The developers of XD must see the value in this feature, I mean they are involved in software development.
Please make this happen? Pretty please?
I would love this feature
Any update here? There is no way this can take 3 years.
Horizontal scrolling like a slider by clicking on buttons (or drag on tablet/smartphone) please too!
Nicholas Crofoot commented
"Feature Started - JULY 11 2016" !?!?
THREE YEARS AND TWO PLUS MONTHS LATER...
Seriously how has this not been resolved yet. It's such a basic function of so many sites, especially mobile centric solutions.