Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please, add functionalities to CC Libraries like:
    - change file preview: large icons view with name, details view with names and other information;
    - possibility to sort the file by name, date, last modified,....;
    - possibility to have a default or customizable background to turn on and off;

I would like to put on your attention the worst case for me: the large icons view works fine only with coloured icons, not with white icons, because of the white background (that depends on the artboards) doesn't allow to me to see a white icon, and without the names of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently there is no way to know which artboard is the "Home Artboard" outside of Prototype mode, and there's no way of changing it in design mode.

I make a lot of presentations/decks in XD and I don't often use prototype mode. When I share a prototype/deck I assume the first slide is going to be the artboard in the upper left because this the default order for unlinked artboards in XD: left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

I currently don't have any visual indication (in design mode) as to which artboard is my "home artboard." Which means sometimes I don't know that my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As of now we can only stack elements on top of each other. However the ability to inject one object into another (like in the DOM tree in HTML) would greatly improve our ability to design interfaces that react to different content sizes and different context sizes.
    Manual responsive resize is a very good step to design the behavior among elements, but as of now it only works in one direction: Increasing the size of the group generates sensible positioning of the child elements. But often it should work the other way around: Increase the amount of text or the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I'm creating a button and want to add 4 px rounded corners to it, instead of guessing what 4px looks and dragging the cursor like I would like to be able to enter that the corners should be 4px in the sidebar near where the height and width are set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We need a keyboard shortcut to quickly and easily switch the grid layout on and off

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to import PSDs into XD projects. Right now we have to Open the PSD, then copy the assets from that new project into the XD project we're working on. It would be a major improvement in workflow if we could simply use the Import feature which is currently limited to JPGs, PNGs, GIFs and SVGs.

This would remove the 2 extra steps of 1) exporting the PSD into a PNG and 2) copying assets from opened PSD into current project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be very helpful to have a Convert Point Tool (I believe it's called) where you can edit all of your paths that you created with the actual Pen Tool itself. I know XD is supposed to be much more simple than Illustrator is, but there are some things that a person just needs to learn before he gets into a design and this is one of them. Honestly, the only reason I switched from Ai to Xd is that the overall work experience is a lot better but not having features like this one annoys me very much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already convert an anchor point on a path in XD, from straight to curved, or curved to straight. To do so while drawing a new path with the Pen tool, simply double-click on the last point you created. To convert a point on a path you’ve already created, double-click on the path you want to edit with the Select tool, then double-click on any point on the path to convert it.

11. Please add a shortcut for the Eyedropper. From the document listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html there doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unlike other Adobe applications adding colors in XD is not intuitive or even able to be accomplished without clicking on a drawn asset or word. Why is there a greyed out "+" next to the word "colors" under assets?

It would better serve the designer to give them the ability to import all assets up front to include any swatches or themes they have created using Adobe Capture CC. This is currently not allowed as all themes created online, in Photoshop or Illustrator come up as "unsupported" when looking in the CC libraries panel.

Not one designer I've spoken to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

14. Вы забыли маски!!! на windows. Куда пропали маски на windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape already exists! You can access it using the context menu if you have two objects selected, or by pressing Shift+Ctrl+M.

For more information: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/952982467769548800

Маска с формой уже существует! Вы можете получить доступ к нему, используя контекстное меню, если у вас есть два объекта, или нажав Shift + Ctrl + M.

Для получения дополнительной информации: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/952982467769548800

Это сообщение было переведено машиной.

15. Please add new iPhone XR, XS, XS Max in mobile sizes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new responsive resize function seems pretty great, but it would take it to the next level for me if I could use it with symbols. This would make form fields and components super easy!

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

17. Hi Guys,

is it possible to deactivate/disable the page-navigation on the Footer from prototype? Clients use this usually as Slide and don't understand the main fonction of XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Introduce a feature to Swatches, where you can access all your colours that you've saved in other projects and be able to view them in all projects, similar to Photoshop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The hit area of an asset is limited to the icon in list view. which is very counter-intuitive please increase the hit area. and I don't think there will be any harm in doing so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Since our developers code our websites in pixels, we need the ability to change the font style from points to pixels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)