Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently z value is retained when yoiu disable 3D Transform. The z value should be reset to 0 when 3D Transform is not applied (but the original value should be reinstated when 3D Transform is reactivated).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to drag select elements without dragging elements. This is basically what Figma has called "Deep Selection" where if I press and hold Ctrl and drag, I can select all elements without also dragging any element below the cursor.

This is useful to select nested elements and you dont want to drag the background element, and you dont want to have to manually lock those elements. Being able to just hit a keyboard modifier and drag nested child layers would be extremely valuable to make quick adjustments to UI designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rather that simply provide the option to space distribute multiple items based on the distance between them, in addition, provide the option to distribute them from their center points, as provided in Illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Best feature in Indesign is to jump back to last used field using a keyboard shortcut. I think this should definitely be part of every application, including Adobe XD. That is:

Activate last-used field in panel --- Default: Opt+Cmd+`

This should be a great addition to all the Adobe Applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

7. When I select "highlight on canvas" for a component, the "0 instances found" overlay should always restart its "slide in" animation, to confirm that it was triggered by the most recent asset selected.

Right now, if the "0 instances found" bar is already on screen, and I select "highlight on canvas" for a different asset with no instances, there's no visible change indicating that XD has correctly interpreted my action and is showing me information for the second asset.

(This could also be helped by reducing the amount of time that the 0-assets found overlay bar lingers...right now it sticks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area

Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area.format. This is how guides/rulers work in all other Adobe apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am the Director of User Experience for several large companies. I make an interactive prototypes for them. These companies are doing mostly Web, AR and VR applications for global audiences. That being said almost all of the applications are made with 3d animations. The limit of 20 mp4s per document will not allow XD to be used for designing this type of software because the transitions from any point in the application need to me animated footage for a seamless experience. If you want XD to be used by big companies that are designing heavy software applications in AR,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would love to see some sort of visual association with text boxes with design system character styles applied to them.

Currently, there is no way to know if a block of text has a style applied.

This will help mitigate the risk of missing blocks and having broken associations to the library when trying to update character styles on multiple mock-ups.

Could be as simple as adding a blue diamond instead of the green used for components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Title case does not take into account grammatical prepositions, extremely frustrating to have to go through and change ever single one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. showing the image preview would help when dealing with many layers. especially the ones that are set to 0% opacity.
    I would then attach the replace image function to the thumbnail.
    Bonus: add a paste function to the "replace image" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like a cycle state to be added. It would be similar to toggle state but it would have multiple states. For instance, a filter button. press once filter sort ascending arrow pointing down highlighted. press again another such descending arrow point up highlighted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The components in my library are structured in subgroups.

Example:
    - icons
    -- navigation
    --- up
    --- down
    -- sort
    --- up
    --- down

When you use a component from the library, the component is imported as linked component. Those linked components are imported completely out of context of the original group structure:
    - up
    - down
    - up
    - down
    I can no longer see that the "up" component came from "icons / navigation" or from "icons / sort".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Requesting: Screen mode

Indesign has several screen modes for design. This feature should be brought to XD. It would be nice to see margins and preview mode with the "w" shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Design ideation is important. Pen on paper is one way, white boarding is another. With many of us still working from home, a whiteboard tab or new section would be essential.

I really loved the InVision Studio whiteboard and mood board. Those are features I would love to see in XD. Being able to share the whiteboard and mood afterwards or in real time would be great as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we please have it available where its possible to have one area scroll vertically and horizontally for web, scroll groups look weird on web. Because I would like for the rectangle or the area it to have its own scroll bar. Scroll groups only make sense for mobile, not web, its kind of limiting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have the ability to create simple gifs rather than leaving XD to make simple gifs in PSD or AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)