Settings and activity
4 results found
I’m leaving this open for now, but just as a heads up, there’s an overset text alert on selection of area text. https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1128363094760132609?s=20
An error occurred while saving the comment
An error occurred while saving the commentj9lazur commented
Thanks Badjar! Pasting your comment here in case it helps others. It was super useful to me!
badjar commented · May 12, 2020 6:33 AM · Flag as inappropriate
Here's a workaround to select all unused assets that may help some people.
1. Select all objects in the file (i.e. all objects on all artboards + pasteboard)
2. Open Assets panel then right click on any selected object on the canvas/artboard and choose 'Reveal Components in Assets'
3. Observe how some assets are highlighted and some are not.
4. Left click mouse on one of the highlighted assets and drag to top of panel. Observe how all assets are dragged together, then release mouse button to drop them just above the top-most asset.
5. Now select the first unused asset, and shift-click the last unused asset to select all unused assets.
6. Right click the selected assets and and choose delete.
7. Make yourself a cup of tea.
I just upvoted this today (Oct 2021). I see your comment from 2019, and want to answer -- I'd love to see it as a subtle alert in the design phase and a huge when before exporting.
In the past few days, in a project with multiple people editing, text is being added to a text box or it has been resized and text that used to be visible is now overset but there is no way to tell, unless you have that exact text box selected. As a result, we have sent our client layouts with text accidentally missing.
Indesign has a subtle way to show it during design but will give you a big error to override when you export as pdf or try to package.