3,200 votes173 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 01 : Design mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
An error occurred while saving the commentbear foxy commented
I would simply add these changes to the rulers:
1. I will put rulers like in other adobe CC software at the top and left of the XD screen for a simple reason, currently I have to head to the left or top edge of the artboard to draw a ruler, if I am with a zoom to center of page I would not be able to draw a ruler, I would have to zoom- and make the page borders appear. Instead if they would work as AI, ID, PS ... the rulers are external to all the artboards.
2. I would like to be able to select, move, duplicate, etc. the rulers by using numeric commands. it would be advantageous as a thing.
3. enabling the possibility to clone a ruler from an existing ruler, to insert the function as in Ai "transform again" (Ctrl + D)
4. Have the ability to display both the "Layout Grid" and the "Square Grid" view simultaneously, or selectively deactivated.
I wish I could have the basic layout grid view to identify the columns in the drawing, but at the same time have the square grid (to remove and put) to have a reference on the vertical axis for elements proportioned to 8px as per standard.
I currently either use one or use the other and switching between grids becomes nerve-wracking as it is.
5. Insert in the windows version the menu commands (file, edit, ...) in the command bar at the top of the software.