1,205 votesfeature-in-the-backlog · 122 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 01 : Design mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Many of the form and other requests could be accomplished if you allow Interaction between individual elements.
Supported interactions: Show, Hide, Change (change image)
Example: Radio button
You have a dialog that has 3 radio buttons in it. To make them interactive, you remove the selected ball and do the following:
In Design mode:
1. Add the dialog
2. Create one shape with no border or fill on top of each raddio buttons text
2. Create a ball shape with fill for each radio button element
3. Make the ball shapes invisible
In prototype mode
4. Connect each invisible shapes (on top of the text) with the corresponding selected ball shape with: On click -> Show
- If the user clicks multiple radio buttons they would not exclude each other. This however could be accomplished by dragging On click -> Hide to the other radio buttons selected ball shape.
Resize/move feedback for invisible shapes definitely could be improved, and we are tracking that issue. As a workaround, you can toggle the fill or stroke on for a moment, adjust the shape, and then toggle it back off.
If you’re using an invisible rectangle to define a hit area for Prototyping mode, you may also be interested in upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931899-actual-hotspots, which would let you more easily define interaction hotspots that don’t match up exactly with the size & shape of any of your visible artwork.
Note! The results talk about an element. The element in this case means the Step 1 created shape.
Version: 0.6.16.7 Beta
1. Create a shape
2. Remove shapes fill and border
3. Try to select and move the object
1. You should be able to select the element from fill area.
2. You should see the element outline when moving object with mouse drag, arrow keys, shift + arrow keys
1. You can only select the element by hitting its outline
2. When you move the element, the outlines disappear making it hard to position the element. The outlines reappear when the moving is stoped
45 votes1 comment · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 02 : Prototype mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
753 votesfeature-under-review · 59 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 01 : Design mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
5 votesSebastian de Mel shared this idea ·
Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.
This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?
When you use PNG's or other asset files, it would be useful if the assets automatically reloaded (or UI button to reload them, both better) when the asset file changes.
You make an export from tool X of a dialog and use it in XD. Then you decide to remove the shadow that effects the images size. You re-export the asset in tool X.
Currently you need to remove the asset and reposition the new one.