Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix position doesn't works

1.- 19.1.22.6
    2.- I design the screens, group some elements (to make some footer) and press "fixed position".
    3.- That works that funcionality. I need it a lot, to test my prototype.
    4.- This group disappear when I try to see it like preview on my notebook or mobile. It worked for me, until October (2018).

PS: I wrote months ago, and there's no answer.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Animate Dissolves instead of animating - Chrome

The auto animate feature dissolves instead of animating on web prototypes. This doesn't occur in every instance in the prototype.

Just started running into this issue, has been working fine until now. I've tried on multiple browsers with no luck.

I can share a screen capture video, just not in public.

XD Version 19.1.22.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matt,

Please check with latest version of XD 21.1.12.3

If the issue is reproducible, email us a screen capture video to the uservoice mailbox xduv@adobe.com

Regards,
    Muthukumar

3. Xbox Controller does not recognized

I ve tried so many projects, news one and I uninstalled and installed XD three times but my controller has never recognized. The keyboard works but not my controller. I asked on the slack group and we adviced me to close (steam, origin etc...) but nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

moved-to-feature-requests  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crash on XD at startup (V 19.1.22)

After I run the XD (V 19.1.22) I see a grey screen then it freezes, after a couple of seconds it crashes. The previous versions work fine.

Also, when installing both versions at the same time, the oldest version fails at installing on Creative Cloud App

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes copying guides is not active

Sometimes copying guides is not active - not sure way. With right-click on the guide and "Copy" is not available.

Windows ver. 19.1.22.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows: Clicking Escape doesn't exit Options panel when focus is on Lock icon

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Draw a rectangle
    2) Set width value, press tab
    3) Set height value, press tab
    4) Lock icon is focused

Expected: I expect to be able to exit just like I can in any of the other text fields, however the blue outliner is telling me the lock icon is still active.

Actual result: I cannot exit, lock icon stays focused.

Workaround: Press tab once more and you can exit again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't Export from XD to After Effects.

I accidentally updated my after effects from 15.1.2 to the newest version but needed to revert so I deleted the new version and went back to the old. XD will no longer will transfer my files to AE. I need to stay on the old version of AE for now for certain plug in compatibility. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Replace font dialog box won't open

When opening a document on a machine that has a missing font, the "Replace font" dialog won't open.

Steps:
    - Have a document that uses one or more fonts that are unavailable in the system
    - Right click the missing font in the assets panel and select "Replace font""
    - EXPECTED: The replace font dialog box opens to select a substitute font.
    - ACTUAL: Nothing happens. At all.

Note: Recorded on a mac machine, also tested on a windows machine with the same outcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Saving Stays Still

Hello We have a design ecosystem using a cloud document. Most of the time when we create some changes on the library file, Saving document stays still on our Macos Adobe XD software, but actually it saves the document. What is more the changes done on the library document does not propogate to the files that uses this library. It started after v19 and after fix update the problem decreased but still continiues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spec enlarges visible content

Nesting all used Components in one longer Screen stretches all visible Items. Chrome stays proportional, safari is stretching the content vertically even stronger and worse.

When hovering, the focus is showing the correct position and size where the Items should be. I noticed this for the first time after the may update was released.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Layout grid opacity incorrect when viewing artboard at 100% zoom. (ghost grids!)

Windows 10
    Adobe XD 19.1.22.6
    ---
    Sometimes, in design mode, the layout grid seems to display at the wrong opacity setting - always too opaque. It's impossible to fade the grid out as much as I want.

Only seems to happen at 100% zoom. See images. One image at 100% and the other at 75%, yet the grid looks different.
    SEE IMAGES: 01 and 02

I have several other artboards in the same file. Only this one artboard has this issue.

. . .

I noticed something, as I was creating the attached images - if I move the whole…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cannot retain aspect ratio when resizing component

I designed a vector logo in Illustrator and pasted it into XD, but had trouble using it as a component because it wouldn't resize properly.

Please refer to my document:

The logo would resize proportionally if I don't turn it into a component and resize it while holding Shift.

However, if I check Lock Aspect or turn the logo into a component, the pattern cannot be resized without being distorted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Error Code

I am trying to export my work from XD to HTML. I installed "web export" plugin and assigned a directory for the export but I keep seeing this message

Errors:
    1. Run Error: TypeError: fill.toRgba is not a function

I need a solution as soon as possible.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. when you want to use a guide you must unhide it first

when you want to use a guide you must unhide it first
    if you are not unhiding it you try to pull one from the edge of the artboard
    and it doesn't work
    this is absurd!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why the zoom in/out is not fluid like photoshop?

When I say fluid like the animation of the software of the interaction
    is not fluid.
    if you try to zoom IN/OUT in Photoshop the animation of the zoom of the screen happens fluid and not jittery like in XD.
    and I don't know why it's like that. it feels artificial

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. eye droppper not visible in gradient

Eye dropper/Color pick tool is not visible sometime when i choose gradient to fill my rectangle or any other shape. Restarting the xd sometimes does the trick but its not working for me anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Eye dropper tool for shadows disappears on Windows

On windows machines, i am trying to find the eye dropper tool to select shadow color but it doesnt exist. Even using the keyboard shortcut "i" doesnt bring up the eye dropper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Error 44:63 when exporting for development

Hi,

When I try to export for development, I get an error message saying : Something went wrong (Error 44:63).
    I have no problem exporting for review, only development is problematic. This wasn't an issue 2 weeks ago as I was perfectly able to export my files for development. The only difference might be the update from the new XD release.

My file contains only 21 artboards (1920x1080) for web.

Can someone help please as this file has to go out for development shortly.
    Thank you for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base