Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot tag users in comments in Development spec

Cannot tag users in comments in Development spec, will not populate user and notify them, "@" someone stopped working overnight

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching us. Can you provide the following details to check further on reported issue?

1. Any specific OS, browser?
    2. What type of user account is signed-on to spec link (Guest/Adobe ID/Enterprise ID)?
    3. Does the spec link related to public/private?
    4. Is it @mention not happening for all the published specs links?
    5. Are you facing same problem with prototype link as well?

Thanks,
    Muthukumar

2. Design Specs not showing or providing a full detail of certain screens to Developers on their end

Right now I was messaged by a developer saying that a section of my wireframes or screens where missing sections, however if they click somewhere else and go back to it the items would appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Huge memory leak after pasting an artboard in an artboard name field… by mistake

I wanted to change an artboard, so I copied its name and deleted it. Then, I duplicated another artboard (⌘+C, ⌘+V). I didn't realise at first that I an entire artboard was in my clipboard so I went to paste it in the name field of the new artboard (on top of it, not in the side panel) 😬
    The software froze, my computer started ventilating loudly, and after a minute or two, the software was using 18.59Go of memory 😳

Infos:
    - I am using the latest version of Adobe XD: 21.2.12.3 (Starter)
    - I have a MacBook Air…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chinese period disappears from area text box on commit

中文字符句号自动消失。

文本框,在输入中文字符的句号时,文本框退出编辑时,句号会自动消失。

Chinese period disappears from area text box on commit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. canvas dragging interaction bug

At some point during working with Adobe XD canvas dragging interaction (Spacebar key + mouse click) stop working and there is no hint about what is going on. If I wait for couple minutes and come back to continue my work - dragging interaction works again. Super annoying!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. XD Destroys my font family and renders incorrectly

I have a font family that will display correctly in both Illustrator and Photoshop. However in XD it separates the family into random groups and then proceeds to render or display the weights incorrectly. This is unique to windows 10 as the font works correctly on Mac.

XD = 21.2.12.3

Windows 10 = Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Suitcase Fusion = V 20.0.6.8538

I'm including the font as well as an XD file that illustrates the issues I'm having as well as some screen shots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Issue to create smooth transition between 2 charts and gradient under them (ghost effect)

I attached a video so it's easier to explain. There is a strange "ghost" effect happening when I switch between charts and gradients don't animate correctly. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Version of Adobe XD: 21.2.12.3
    Also attaching XD file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Floating artifact appears when dragging layer

See included pics.

When attempting to drag a layer, drag suddenly stops and floating artifact appears. Closing XD does not clear the artifact right away... only after some time (X) does the artifact suddenly disappear.

Version of Adobe XD: This is not easily found... I have the latest version as of the time of this submission.
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Ehhh.. drag a layer??? It doesn't happen all the time. I can tell you I just restarted the laptop, plenty of RAM and scratch disk space...
    Expected result: No artifact... keep focus on drag until mouse button is released …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fetch POST content length is missing - Windows 10

Hello there!

We are facing a really tough problem currently with Windows 10.

When we are trying to POST data to our server, the request appears to be empty. After digging deeper we found out the maybe the Content-Length is missing from the request, but we are unable to append it.

Any help you be appreciated!

The code of our plugin can be found here: https://github.com/loceye/adobe-xd-visualeyes

We tried with Fetch and with XHR but we had the same luck. If you need an API key to test our plugin use this : adobe-test

Any clues?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Live preview not work as expect

Mac OS: 10.14.4
    Android OS: 9.0
    XD: 21.2.12.3

i am using Adobe XD on MacOS and connect to Android 9.0 with Live preview function. The user experience is not good.

1) USB sync mockup to mobile device, which is very slow. Always show loading
    2) On the device, swipe right or left will move to a page which i do not have a linkage pointing to it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. replaced nested component position override link broken

When I swap a nested component for another and then move the original nested component the children do not change position. I would want this swapped component to retain its position link to the master.

I often create a generic component with a space for an icon or a button. When I swap in either a new state for the button, or a new icon I want to be able to move the position of this "generic" icon or button regardless of which one it actually is. See video where the circle replaces the square, I want both to respect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color Assets and Document Colors work differently

The functionality of the color swatches differs when either imported from another document or created in the current document. I would expect both to work the same way.

I assumed that when you change a hex color it changes that color throughout the document. With imported swatches they act more as a "style" in the sense that even though that hex is the actual color of an object if the imported swatch is not applied to the object the color will not change.

I like the idea of having styles, but I would prefer them to be called out differently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Horizontal shadow cast on shape

Creating a shape creates cast shadow.

Tested on different colors

XD is updated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mouse Pointer getting stuck on text-select cursor

Since the latest update, my mouse pointer keeps turning into the text-select cursor, even when I have not yet interacted with that feature. It usually occurs when I'm hovering over the right side-pane or when my cursor is over the left menu bar, then when I hover over the canvas or artboards, it turns back into the arrow-selector.

The mouse still acts like an arrow selector even when it looks like the text selector.

It doesn't prevent any functionality, but it is super annoying - especially when I'm trying to place the arrow pointer over a small touch-point area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Art board not getting copied to another document

Design elements are not getting copied into another document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. HDMI Mirroring renders XD unsuable

Whenever I plug an HDMI cable to present a design from XD, all XD windows' canvases become gray, and I can't interact with anything from the canvas. Only XD application have this issue, as I can use all other applications fine.

And when im using 'Extended Desktop' feature, XD is fine on my laptop, but moving the window to the other display makes the canvas gray as well.

It's worth noting that this started for me few months back, however amongst my peers, only I seem to be affected.

I wasn't sure if it was Adobe's fault or not. and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copy Paste / Undo Redo are disabled

I have this problem again. I've been working with file for 1 month and everything was fine. and now this problem has appeared

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base