Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Link slow/non-functional performance across all browsers and different computers.

Hello, our live link prototype does not function properly. Clicking on linked elements in the live web preview does nothing, even though the hotspots show up as clickable. When we try to flip through pages of our wireframe via the pagination at the bottom, there's a huge lag on clicks and then the prototype will shoot forward 6 pages suddenly. As it stands, this live link is non functional; we can't use it to collaborate or gather feedback from non XD users, and as such it renders XD useless for us.

I have the latest updated version of XD. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto animate : Gradient Background Preview jagg and lag

Problem: Jagged animation when showing to potential client.

Xd problem : Background Gradient color transition using auto animate is lagged and jagged in preview mode. Using Macbook Pro 13". : v10.14".

XD : v. 15.0.12.8

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Version: 15.0.12.8

Firstly, I'm brand new to XD so bare with me.

When i link two art boards together and preview they transition fine but when I upload to my hosting site the links don't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download assets is not showing since the last update. HELP!!!

Since the newest update, the download assets on the Adobe XD link that I share for developers are not showing anymore. Can someone please fix this?????

Also, I double checked my artboards & assets in the assets section, and the things I need to show for download in the link, are marked as exports. They are just not showing in the link. I need to show these to my developers very soon. Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rica-Marie Garcia -

Sorry to hear this isn’t working as expected. Can you share a little more detail so we can investigate further? The following info would be helpful:

1. What OS and version are you using?
    2. What version of XD are you using?
    3. What browser and version are you using?

If you could also share your original XD file, that would help immensely. You can email it to AdobeXDSharingSupport@adobe.com.

Some other things you can try:

1. Create a new file, add a single image, mark it for export, and Share for Development. Can you download the asset from that URL?

2. In the file you are seeing the issue with, unmark the assets for export, generate a new link, re-mark the assets for export, and update the new link. Does that change the behavior?

5. Zoom to Selection on Line object fail and broke Undo/Redo

Hello... Since e a few version (November, maybe before) I have noticed that if you have a single straight line selected. 0 or 90 degree and you do Zoom to Selection, it will not Zoom to it, it will also broke the undo/redo fonctionnality.

Opening an closing the document, or the app bring it back.

1. Adobe XD January release MacOS 10.13.6
    2. Create a doc, or open a doc. Draw a line at 0 or 90 degree with the line tool. Select it and do Zoom To Selection.
    3. Expect to Zoom to the line tool
    4. Actual results:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag x Click

Version of JAN 28 2019

When I make the drag transition, a slide for example, and the screen is down of top, if I make a tap on the card, the screen goes to the top, and do not make a transition.

Just make the transition if the screen is on top.

He hoped that the tap transition, when incorporated into a drag group, could be made in the same position as the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Win] White Home screen, then hard exit on open

I just updated to the newest Adobe XD version using the Creative Cloud tool. The installation appears to have worked fine. But when I start XD, it shows a blank screen and after a few seconds returns to desktop.

The Application log from Windows shows the following:

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 15.0.12.8, time stamp: 0x5c4934ba
    Faulting module name: XD CC.exe, version: 15.0.12.8, time stamp: 0x5c4934ba
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000171067c
    Faulting process id: 0x41a0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b94af94906ab
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_15.0.12.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_15.0.12.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe
    Report Id: b3c4e54e-018c-460f-88d2-bd8e4d1daefa
    Faulting package full…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto animate performance bad on iPad (2017 models)

We have 5 iPads, all 2017 models, and when prototyping and testing it out the performance is not that great.

On the Live Preview the animations are super smooth, but on the iPad things move in a very jaggy motion (similar to the web version of auto-animate, although not quite as bad as that)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Underline

Having issues with underline type, whenever I change the style within a paragraph of text, i'll save, close the document...when i open it the formatting is applied to another area of text (not the text i specified to be underlined). Same with copying artboards, the underline font appears in a different position of the copy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Slow Load with Blank Screen, Then Endless spinner

When I run XD, I just get a blank white window. It takes a few seconds to see the Design.Prototype.Share. welcome screen. Sometimes, I kill it in Task Manager and restart.

When I do see the welcome screen, I see an endless spinner in the Recent section and XD is doing something (the cursor is busy too). It never goes away.

Killing it and restarting works. Happens nearly every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prototype doesn't load in browser

I updated to the newest version yesterday. When sharing a prototype for review some pages will not load at all within browser (I just get the spinning circle). There are quite a few artboards but the same document works ok when uploaded from version 14.0.42.14.

I tired reinstalling this previous version and it uploads ok. Switched back to new version and same issue. I have also tried reinstalling XD altogether but this didn't fix the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 30 JAN UPDATE /!\ Don't have access to my saved files (only Recent) from start menu if a file already opened

Adobe XD 15.0.12.8
    Windows 10 Pro v. 1803
    OS.v 17134.523

When lauching Adobe XD for the first time, I get the usual homescreen (see Bug1.png).

But once I have a XD file open, if I tap the HOME icon (to open another project), the HomePanel doesn't show my files ! Only Recent (See Bug2.PNG).

I have to close all projects and relaunch Adobe XD to open a different file.. Excruciating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot open a new file.

XD version 14.0.42.14

Expected behavior:
    1. Open XD
    2. Beginning dialog box, select art board
    3. Art board appears, new file is created.

Actual behavior:
    1. Open XD
    2. Beginning dialog box, select art board
    3. Nothing happens. No click action, no new art board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fonts,

rubik fonts when loaded in the mobile app are displayed quite collapsed and completely illegible, please do look into it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [WIN10] Adobe XD closes when either going full screen or switching between Design and Prototype

System:
    Win10 Pro 1709 (OS build 16299.15)
    12Gb RAM

XD version: 15.0.12.8 (bug first appeared in last version and presists to this one)

Adobe XD launches and works fine. Only when I try to go into prototype mode the software just closes without any notice. Lately, trying to go full screen has began closing the software as well.

I can go to prototype mode and work on it only if its the first thing I do once the software loads. If I touch the design and then try to go to prototype, XD closes.

I have enough space on my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy all elements Artboards and Shapes, texts outside the artboards at the same time doesn't work

Try to copy Artboards and shapes (outside the artboard), everything at the same time and paste in the same file or a new one. Doest work.

Please note:
    - Copy and Artboard and paste it works.
    - Copy Shapes around the artboard and paste it works (although it is pasted in different place not exactly around the arboard as the original)
    - Copy both (artboard and any element outside it) at the same time and paste, it doesnt work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Patrick:

To confirm: what version of XD + OS are you working with?

I’ve found that items outside the visible area may not be selected. Try this: Go to View>Zoom To Fit all, or select cmd (Mac) ctrl (Win) + 0 to fit all in visible area and then select all, copy paste.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

17. Cloud Document Shared for Review does not show in one of my clients

I'm working on a project, saved as a Cloud Document, for a business that has two partners.

I've shared my design with one of the partners using the Share for Review functionality a couple of weeks ago, and it works as expected.

We have revised the design as needed since then, and now we're ready to share with the other partner. I've invited this second partner using the same Share for Review function, but he's unable to see the design on his iOS apps. The design does show up for him in his https://assets.adobe.com/shared page.

I'm using the latest Adobe…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Misnamed recent file on Start Screen

Cloud doc showing up twice in recent docs and has incorrect title in start-screen (see file for details)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Inconsistent Art Board

I created an XD file for web and the new file got populated correctly with a Web-sized artboard. I have worked on that artboard on a few days. Now, I have opened the file again and wanted to add a second artboard, and the Artboard is iPhone 6/7/8 sized (and named). It seems like the default artboard for a web-design project should be a web-sized artboard, not an iPhone one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Undo/Redo ungrouping caused XD to crash [Windows 10] [Version 14.042.14 (Starter)]

Ungrouped a repeat grid saved symbol. Tried to redo because I ungroupped too far (didn't eman to ungroup the symbol), and XD would refuse to regroup it. It then crashed after 3 seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base