Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error 49

My master file which is in the Cloud is playing up. I'm getting an Error 49 code. This file supplies components to each of my other prototypes so its a huge problem to me. I've tried duplicating the file but as soon as you disconnect a prototype from the original master file it loses its components and they dont sync back up when you connect the duplicated master file. I've tried the uninstall of cloud and xd and that didnt work either. Help! Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linked Assets problem

I'm trying to start building a style guide file (styleguide.xd) which my other screen design files (anyotherpages.xd) would linked back as a sticky sheet through linked assets.

the styleguide.xd file seems to be experiencing a problem. It seems like I had accidentally introduced excessive linked assets from a third file into it, and am unable to purge them from styleguide.xd even after I crossed the file out from the assets menu. The program makes me click on the blue update button and reintroduces them back into it again.

Worse still, after this happens, the styleguide.xd file is unable to save.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Components bugs out when updating the master component

Version - 22.1.12.5
    Creative Cloud - 4.3.8.8

I went in and changed the name of the original Component in my UI Kit which is a cloud document. Didn't change anything else except the Name of the component and the Layer name.
    When then updating said Component in a sister document, not only does the font change size but also things are moved around. The only way to get it to revert is to reset so master component.

Before i had the same issue with a Button.
    I updated the naming convention of the Button in the UI Kit and subsequently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Component broken and can't delete

I'm using 20.0.12.12

There is a component that is broken. There is no way to delete it, and you can't drag it onto a page. All linked instances are showing the red link icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Linked component layers go out of component bounding box when renamed

I have a master asset file called "Icons" and I have taken all of my icon components and added them into a nested component in a new document to showcase all icons being used throughout our product.

To make things easier I have gone through to each icon and renamed them, however when I opened the document with the nested component and pressed "Update" to bring in the new names it took every nested component and moved the icon outside the component bounding box resulting in me having to manually move 85 icons back into the component viewport.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. opacity component

I have a header component in my design system file where I have updated a text object within the component to be at 0% opacity instead of 100% opacity. Unfortunately the header component does not get updated in other documents where I've place it until i update the actual text within the object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Can you tell me which object is getting the opacity set? Is it the master component itself, or the text object?

In general, outer component opacity (or rotation) on a master component does not sync to other instances. However, any content within the master component such as text objects, shapes, nested components, etc. will sync opacity changes to other instances where that property has not been overridden.

Please let us know what the situation is with your file.

Thanks,
    Joe

7. Component not displaying correctly in library

I have created a library of components and I've linked in the assets into a new document.

Screen shot 1: Shows the master file with the component in it.
    Screenshot 2: Shows what the component looks like when I drag it from the assets panel to the canvas with NO overrides applied
    Screenshot 3: Shows another component from the master library that has the spoken about component nested and some overrides (the overrides to this instance were no green tag in the corner, different image and different copy)

It looks like the styling its picking up is from a completely…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WINDOWS版本导出

导出倍图文件错误,用的是1@x设计,想导出2@x、3@x,结果导出3@x图只有1@x的大小,2@x图是设计图除以2,1@x是设计图除以3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Saving Stays Still

Hello We have a design ecosystem using a cloud document. Most of the time when we create some changes on the library file, Saving document stays still on our Macos Adobe XD software, but actually it saves the document. What is more the changes done on the library document does not propogate to the files that uses this library. It started after v19 and after fix update the problem decreased but still continiues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base