Bug details

Component overrides buggy with duplication/copy & paste

I can't believe Adobe has shipped this version of Xd, this is the latest in a long line of bugs that is making my week really really difficult.

Components seem to retain overrides randomly.

1. v 19.1.22.6

- Create master component (text using character style, icons) in document A. (Also, why isn't this instance automatically assigned as the master?)
- Use component on artboard in this document. Make a text change.
- Paste this artboard into a new document (B). Component is linked.
- This component has randomly overriden the text styles and content (neither now match the master component).

3. I want copy and paste to remember the content that is being copied and then... paste it! If I wanted to revert to the master I would use the component from the assets.

4. Pasting component into a new document seems to strip out capitalisation in character styles, as well as revert the text to the master component. It's actually not even matched the master, it's added random capitalisation in the text.

5. Screenshot 1 shows Document B (left, blue) with capitalisation removed from 1 instance, and arbitrarily assigned in the other. Master component is on right (red) in Document A, clearly showing capitalisation assigned. Screenshot 2 shows the instance of it in document A with text amends, which was copied into document B.

The component in the blue circle should match the component in screenshot 2.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NJA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anita Subedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi NJA,

Thank you for reporting the issue again.
    Now, we are able to reproduce it, it happens 1 out of 5 times.
    So, we have logged the bug internally and our team is trying to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
    For any further queries, please feel free to report us.

Thank you,
    Anita Subedi
    Adobe Xd

• NJA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, this seems to be a temperamental bug, as if I quit the program and re-open my files, it works okay. I think there's a loss of connection between the linked components at some point, maybe it times out or doesn't refresh the link when files are saved with different names or something.

Okay, this is still an issue.

I've got a master component document with buttons, I've used these in another document, changing the text and the width of them.

If I paste these adjusted buttons back into the master document or another document, they partially revert to the original component (adjusted size, master component text).

I've just tried to recreate this bug and found I can't - it's working as expected now.

I think my files weren't syncing together properly or the link between them was maybe broken? I had 3 design files (all using one - a 4th - file as a component source) that I uploaded and sent to a client with errors due to master component content being brought in via copy & paste. I've since manually corrected the files so they're not useful to share either.

Apologies I can't seem to recreate it now! Thank you for looking into this.

• Anita Subedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi NJA,

Thankyou for reporting the issue.
    We worked on it and unable to reproduce the issue, copy-paste of instances with different text styles is working fine.
    1. Is it happening consistently or with any specific font-family?
    2. Os version ?
    3. It would be helpful, if you share testfile.

Thank you,
    Anita Subedi
    Adobe Xd

I can't believe Adobe has shipped this version of Xd, this is the latest in a long line of bugs that is making my week really really difficult.

1. v 19.1.22.6

- Create master component (text using character style, icons) in document A. (Also, why isn't this instance automatically assigned as the master?)
    - This component has randomly overriden the text styles and content (neither now match the master component).

3. I want copy and paste to remember the content that is being copied and then... paste it! If I wanted to revert to the master I would use the component from the assets.

4. Pasting component into a new document seems to strip out capitalisation in character styles, as well as revert the text to the master component. It's actually not even matched the master, it's added random capitalisation in the text.

5. Screenshot 1 shows Document B (left, blue) with capitalisation removed from 1 instance, and arbitrarily assigned in the other. Master component is on right (red) in Document A, clearly showing capitalisation assigned. Screenshot 2 shows the instance of it in document A with text amends, which was copied into document B.

1. v 19.1.22.6

Feedback and Knowledge Base