Canvas/Artboards getting clipped by large gray area
1. MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 | Adobe XD 18.104.22.168
2. Not sure. Seems to happen when I open my laptop from a rested state.
3. The canvas should be in full view
4. A large grey area is overlapping my canvas & dartboards.
I can correct this by exiting the app and restarting, but that's inconvenient to my workflow.
Awesome! Thx @Zach.
Zach Bruce commented
I've updated MacOS to 10.14.5 and am not seeing the problem anymore! Resolved~
Zach Bruce commented
As a user that switches between a Macbook Pro screen and external 4k Monitor, I've been having this exact issue as well ever since an update sometime this year. It's extremely aggrivating as someone who has multiple projects open at a time and needs to have them open when I move away from my desk to a meeting room.
Noticed a bunch of similar bugs reported and would love to work with the team to test more and get this resolved!
• MacOS 10.14.4 (18E226)
• Adobe Xd Latest Build (22.214.171.124)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Mac System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Require Password Immediately is checked (haven't checked if changing time here effects this issue yet)
2. Keep a Adobe Xd project open while using a monitor (Macbook Pro lid is closed, not sure if that's required yet)
3. Disconnect monitor cord from Macbook Pro.
4. Open lid to Macbook Pro and log in
5. Any open Adobe Xd project now has a black or grey clipped block over the canvas (attached)
6. Resizing the window maintains the % of area that is hidden behind the clipped area
• Just close and open the Xd project
Casey Arendt commented
Steps to recreate:
-open XD file
-work with eternal monitor
-unplug external monitor/s
-work on laptop screen
-return to monitors
-UI artificially cut off well inside the edge of the file window, sometimes the artwork on the canvas is missing entirely
-cure with restarting the app.
* also an issue in reverse, laptop to external, and back to laptop
* may be an issue with extremely large external monitors—I use a 34" and a 24" most often, but used to have dual 24" and I am not sure if I began to notice the issue after the size upgrade. My laptop is a 15" if helpful.
AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented
To completely understand the workflow, we would need some more details
1. By any chance, do you have a dual monitor setup?
2. Do you mean locked state of machine by rested machine?
3. Do you see it happening everytime?
4. Also lets us know the hardware details like if its Macbook Pro or iMac and screen sizes?
Above information would help us in trying to recreate this at our end.
Evan Richards commented
This is happening for me too. It occurs when the screen resolution changes (when I connect to an external display).