Bug details

Error (sometimes "Error 50" message) when trying to save XD file to Cloud Documents

New XD update (December 2018) works great on my main machine (Windows 10 v1803). Though on my other machine with older Windows 10 (v1703 15063.447) I get this weird behavior. Maybe it is on Windows side, but I'd liked to report it just in case.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Saber Naeemi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jenni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe Creative Could Desktop is the software that runs on your computer and allows you to keep your Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.) up-to-date. Creative Cloud notifies you when an update is available for those programs and lets you download and install the new versions.
    http://www.christophekeller.com/adobe-creative-cloud-update-fails-with-error-code-50-and-others/
    http://www.roadrunnersupport247.com/blog/how-to-fix-twc-time-warner-cable-login-issues/

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD is not working - there is always loading, loading -It is not possible to create a new file. Error message - after click at ok: XD is closing working area. So I cannot use XD anymore!

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to open a new 'Custom' size leads to Error 50, pressing 'OK' then closes the XD window.

Adobe XD has been crashing a lot lately. Trying again and the Open window won't load at all.

• Sander Schellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still experiencing this Error code: 50 on two occasions.
    - When I want to create a new document and pick iPhone X for example I get this message: "There was a problem creating a new cloud document (Error code: 50)".
    - I get the same error code when I want to save a file in my Cloud Documents (Save as > select Cloud Documents) as well as sharing the file via the upper right corner Share > Save as > Cloud Documents.
    Therefore I cannot open my created files on my phone/tablet and I guess something must be wrong with the Creative Cloud Files folder or syncmanager.

Here are the versions I'm working with:
    - Creative Cloud 4.8.0.421
    - Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.0.25
    - Adobe XD CC 16.0.2

Solutions I tried:
    - Reinstalling Adobe XD
    - Forced a Creative Cloud Sync update by renaming the folder in Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Adobe Sync (as Saber Naeemi suggested in this thread)

I could reinstall my entire Creative Cloud. But since that's pretty time-consuming, I only want to do that if it's a guaranteed fix (which I haven't heard anyone experience, yet).
    As a UI designer I'm very troubled by this because I can't test my designs properly.
    Anyone found a solution yet?

• Arina vd Vlies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nina, I don't find any troubleshooting on this issue on the helpx page. Must be blind. This is very frustrating and I feel like you guys are not helping at all. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I have the correct sync versions and what not. just tell me what to fix or delete.

After updating this morning I now receive a message with my error code: There was a problem creating a new cloud document (error: 50)
    Please note, I have never used the program before. Also I don't reveice any notifications on your responses even though I have enabled notifications on this topic. That is why I responded so slowly.

edit: Found the helppage. Did that already. Tried it again. Same result.

• Arina vd Vlies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nina, I don't find any troubleshooting on this issue on the helpx page. Must be blind. This is very frustrating and I feel like you guys are not helping at all. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I have the correct sync versions and what not. just tell me what to fix or delete.

After updating this morning I now receive a message with my error code: There was a problem creating a new cloud document (error: 50)
    Please note, I have never used the program before. Also I don't receive any notifications on your responses even though I have enabled notifications on this topic. That is why I responded so slowly.

• Nan Nichapa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found "Error 50" same you.
    Now I solved the problem by browsing the old files of adobe xd and Save as.."new work" and delete old work to create a new job
    Let your work finish. Good luck.

• Rienster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Muthukumar, tried, didn't work. I'll just wait for an update. Hopefully within the trial period. But I think that is almost over. So I really got the best out of it :')

Same here. After the latest update, there seemed no way to create a new file. Just getting Error 50 & white screen on Win 10.
    Once you save it and reopen it, you can add an artboard, so there is a workaround, but still you'll have to wait like a minute till the error dialogue is displayed.

Hi!

After the most recent update, I keep getting error message 50 (no description at all) when trying to create a new file. Clicking OK results in the artboard being replaced with infinite white background. I tried closing the app several times and turning it back on again with no satisfying result. I can't proceed with work today, could you please help? Thank you

• Souheil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I launch XD (With a CC license) and double-click on a new Templat such as Web 1920, the app hangs and I get a spinning beachball. Then after a couple of minutes I get a new window but with Error 50. See attachment.
    I reinstalled XD but the behavior is persistent.

Muthukumar, my core version is 4.1.1.32 already. i'm on my trial period. If I want my company to upgrade my package, I have to know if the product is good to work with and if it does what I need it to do.

• AdminMuthukumar S (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    Thanks for reaching us. Please share machine configuration, XD build number , Screenshot of error and Core Sync version to look into the problem. Try updating Core Sync to 4.1.1.29 and see it is resolving the issue.

when i start or open a file i get a random error saying "50" when i click ok it closes the window please fix this quick!

• David N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nina, it works fine with the latest version of Adobe Sync. Thanks!

Hi Nina, i'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1809 buld 17763.195 The problem occurred on first time use. After restard I still get the error. I'm working on an office network. But Photoshop CC works without issues. It only happens when I open an new project, the tutorial opened without issues. I also tried the steps for David.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base