Bug details

Wrong font weight on iOS device preview

When I preview my designs on my iPhone X, it always shows a very thin font weight. This makes it very difficult to design with Adobe XD. When I preview on the computer, it displays correctly but this isn't nearly as helpful to look at. The font I'm using is a Google font called IBM Plex Sans. I have confirmed it's displaying the correct font but the weight is wrong. Please help!

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hamish Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...Specifically the weights 'Regular' and 'Semi-bold' fail. All other weights in the Gibson font family retain their style within the apps live preview.

• Hamish Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wrong font weight still showing. Actually I've noticed it's defaulting to an incorrect font. When I cycle through either font sizes or font weights the live preview on the app flicks between the correct font and weight to another font at the wrong weight.

I'm using the latest app as of 13 March 2019 on both iPhoneX and iPhoneSE and version 17.0.12.11 of the desktop application on a MacBook Pro. OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Hope it can be fixed soon as you can imagine it's displaying so many things incorrectly.

Cheers
    Hamish

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'm currently using:

XD version 13.1.32.8

MacOS Mojave version 10.14.1

Thanks for checking into it! Please let me know if you need any more information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base