Prototype blurry and squished
Prototypes are sometimes squished horizontally, blurry, or only show half the layout! It happens randomly, has nothing to do with monitors or browsers...done lots of testing in the office on different machines.
I have to send layouts to client today! Will have to send JPGs instead, very disappointed with the application.
My XD version is up-to-date XD CC, using a MAC.
Any help would be appreciated. If we cannot use the prototype feature XD is useless.
Thanks for sharing your links. I’m I’ve opened both in Safari 10 + FF63 and they seem to be working well for me. How are you viewing the prototypes? Which links are not working as you expect?
Anirudh Sasikumar (Adobe) commented
Could you send your prototype link to firstname.lastname@example.org?
having the same problem, the website is shown to fit browser height, not full scale. take a look: https://xd.adobe.com/view/06c24d00-6766-4505-4985-fc59b9000a0e-70f3/
I found other workaround for me. It's working fine (not blurred) in MS Edge (surprisingly).
Anirudh Sasikumar (Adobe), how can I reach to you to privately share the prototype link that is blurry?
Anirudh Sasikumar (Adobe) commented
Some notes from the engineering team:
1. Prototypes getting squished/showing half the layout: we're working on a fix. Currently this seems related to tall prototypes - height > 8,000px. A workaround in the meantime: select artboard, set "Scrolling" to "Vertical", set viewport height to a value like 1800px.
2. Prototypes looking blurry - (1) occasionally causes this and the same workaround may help. Another potential workaround is to see if using "Auto-Animate" as the action when wiring between artboards fixes the issue (you only need to have one auto-animate interaction in the flow, other transitions can be as is for the workaround to take effect). Any XD prototype link that can be privately shared us will help diagnose this further is appreciated.
3. Prototypes being shown fit to browser height and not full scale. For prototypes that are really tall, this is currently expected. Workaround mentioned in (1) will help. We're also looking into potentially changing this behavior.
I have the same problem. Prototype sometimes looks blurry. Page refresh or opening a new tab can randomly fix the issue, but it's very annoying! The first thought of the viewer: "Oh, this designer can't even draw crisp images". And the first thought of the designer: "Oh, I can't use XD because it can't display my prototypes properly half of the time!".
Occurring on multiple computers and prototypes. Viewing on 100% scale, so it's blurred because of a bug, not the wrong scale.
- OS: Win10 x64 with the latest updates (on every computer).
- Browser: Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) and FF 64.0.2 (64-bit).
- Monitors: Samsung, Dell, LG, ViewSonic 1920x1080. Can be used as an only monitor with desktop PCs or as a secondary monitor with notebook. Result is the same (sometimes blurry).
- Graphic adapters: Built-in graphics for Intel Core i5-7200U (notebook), Intel Core i7-4790, external graphics GeForce GTX 750Ti, some other notebooks and PC's (I don't know it's specs). Result is the same (sometimes blurry).
I can share links to the prototype in private messaging, not as a public post.
Volker Durre commented
Similar problem here. The prototype for a website is shown to fit browser height, not full scale. This is happening on an older prototype I had shared with the client, and on a newer version.
Also noticed that the links are behaving erratically and not in predictable ways. Needless to say, that didn't help during the meeting.
I am sorry, but sharing the work flawlessly and effortlessly with controls in place should be the main appeal of XD. If the publishing is not consistent with XD I will go back to putting things together differently.
Working with prototype links shared, we're no longer seeing issues on my end with MacOS 10.13 + Safari 12.0.1-13606.2, Chrome 70.0.3538, FF 63.0.3
If you're still seeing issues, please share the following:
- OS + browser name/version where issue is observed
- Link to prototypes
An important client reported to me that my prototype link suddenly showed blurry and small (no full screen and bad quality) since two days. I've checked and my client was right.
All my prototype links are showing bad since two days. Creating new ones is not helping, saving under a new name doesn't help.. It's like the function is broke..
I've already did an update on XD (I have version 13.1.32 at the moment, so the latest update) and I also did a Mac update (Mac OS. Mojave version 10.14).
Can you please provide a fix for this?? I always use XD for all my projects, but I can't use it if the prototype tool is broken...
I'm having the same problem. Please provide a fix for this!
...btw: the squished thing seems to happen every 3-4 tries randomly.
XD version: 220.127.116.11
Mac OS: 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Browsers: Google Chrome 70.0.3538.77, Safari 12.0.1 (13606.2.104.1.2)
Artboard size: 1800 x 10376
Contents: Website homepage layout = RGB photos, objects and text created in XD, vector icons from Illustrator
Mac: iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch (monitor res is default)
This prototype is looking poor (blurry etc):
This layout worked fine:
thanks for looking into this