Bug details

XD Prototype not working - missing elements when loaded

Elements missing when loading a long prototype in the browser. Loads very slowly and many elements are completely white when finally renders? Seems to be worse in Chrome (latest version)
I'm on a PC.

XD Version: 11.0.22.10

Prototype link:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/7ad60d8c-301c-4ed4-4f0b-abffdc055a06-0ce7/?fullscreen&hints=off

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Glenn Bullard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD sucks in a lot of ways, this being one of them. Leaving me stranded and having to rely on PDFs for my presentation.

• Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the exact same issue. Past 8300px or so tall the prototype does not display the entire symbol. This happens in all browsers not just chrome. Exporting all artboards as images works normal. I tried adding a scrolling height to each artboard but it still does not load the symbols images toward the bottom. I have tried ungrouping the symbol. Recreating the pieces of the symbol as just individual pieces. Making new artboards with only that symbol on it and toward the bottom past 8300px they start to display less and less parts of the symbol. I am not sure how to fix this. Please help!

• decebal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tested in Mozila Firefox and Edge also... there is loading only a part of the photos

• decebal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same bug, I have a long list of photos (small size 60-90Kb) and if my colleagues scroll along the prototype they have a big white gap (that covers the photos), I'm on windows.
        I have worked at this prototype for almost 1 month, my colleagues expect to see the prototype ...and they can't ! Also in Chrome doesn't load any photos...

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since I cannot edit comments I've had to remove and comment again (for clarity).

I've now noticed an issue when an artboard exceeds 8,192 total pixels in height. It renders fine from XD, but sharing the prototype online and viewing in Google Chrome causes a good portion of the artboard to the default gray color, and will basically clip the entirety of the artboard.

When over this height limit, preview in Chrome may allow you to see some of the bottom of the artboard.

So my first prototype link shows an artboard, with a background gradient from white -> purple -> green. It's 8,193 pixels tall and thus does not render well in Google Chrome.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/238fad25-77df-439c-5131-bce97945f6fa-55be/

This next prototype is 9,000 pixels tall. It's over the limit, but Google Chrome will show me some of the artboard once we get to the bottom. To better illustrate this I've added 50px boxes along the right side of the entire artboard. If yours renders like mine, you'll see 16 full size boxes are rendered (17th is cut off).

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ff75fae5-2e9b-45e7-57f2-f72fdb59456e-8944/

I hope this helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base