Bug details

[Win 10] Incorrect display when re-ordering layers

windows 10
GTX 1080 (latest drivers 399.07).

Reordering layers (not only groups) randomly (i'd say 1 every 10 reordering wihtout noticable pattern) leaves a persistent ghost of the dragged item (even outside the application, ie on the desktop) and reordering stops working after that.

Ghost is often presented as a slashed red circle within a grey square, in the case of dragging a single layer (screenshot attached)

This bug has been present since this feature was introduced in XD.
Every session of my work in xd is plagued with this issue.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thibaud Van Vreckem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the additional information. There seem to be a number of issues you’re seeing.

For layers re-order, there were some improvements incorporated into XD a few builds ago. But sounds like that may not be helping in your case.

The biggest culprit for Win10 performance issues in XD is video card incompatibility. For this, verifying that you 1) your card is supported in the Win10 OS you’re working with & 2) you have the latest driver, will address a significant number of issues.

To better understand what’s going, having the following helps to narrow things down:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - video card model & driver version
    - Is the problem observed in all files? Or just some
    - How do other UWP apps behave?

Thanks!
    Nina

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More Details & Ideas:

Drag & Drop freezes when the Bug appears, also outside of Adobe Xd: e.g.: on the Desktop. Can't drag&Drop a Folder anymore till i Closed the App (Windows notices an error and force-quits it) Then i still have to Open an Xd-File or Reboot for the error to dissappear. I guess the Drag&Drop
        in Xd is handled by Windows itself and so the error happens inside if it since it also shows up on windows side.

Tought it was a new Build-Version Error on Windows. Returned to an older version, but it yet seems to have it.

• Monika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD CC

After selecting design elements and dragging it to the group, hovered title part stuck and overlap menu space and preview window.
        Tried to save and reopen XD, but didn't help.

• Tarmo S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same for me. Happens while reordering layers.

Windows 10 Pro 1803
        Adobe XD 12.0.12.10

• Modestas Baranauskas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing this bug like a third time in couple days period. While trying to drag layer it stucks, icon freezes on screen (even if I shutdown XD) and prevents from dragging layers until windows restart (even outside XD), can't drag desktop icons too for example

• JanUnld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting.. unfortunetley I'am on all of my latest drivers (including graphics card). I'd bet it breaks somewhere in a "dragenter" event. You can kinda "manuelly" resolve this issue by just dragging the targeted layer around the other ones. Right over the worspace or sidebar area. But as soon as it slighly touches another item... game over. Also it seems to break only after a certain moment of time. Before that moment (eg. fresh restarted XD) you can drag things around without any missbehavior.

• Richard Bagnall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a layer is draggable, it shrinks slightly, maybe this is related to not waiting for such visual feedback?

I can confirm, this is not related to symbols, same happened again just now. Would post screenshots but it seems you can't in comments? Luckily, the XD menu does not freeze so you can save before shutting down XD with Task Manager. I can confirm the dialog appears briefly saying "Adobe XD CC is being used for sharing. If you close Adobe XD CC, some items might not be shared." Under this dialog is a blank screen except for the layer I was dragging and the red circle with diagonal bar on a grey rectangle background.

I don't think it was into or out of a symbol, I'll check next time it happens, the issue is that it locks the layers panel and leaves the icon and dragged layer frozen. And reviewing the screenshot I attached, I'm pretty certain it wasn't to/from a symbol.

• JanUnld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm this issue happens on my Windows 10 System as well. Unfortunately I can't really tell what forces this behavior. What I can describe yet is that it persists happening on drag respectively drag-move events. The "rendering" of the dragged element or one beneath the dragged one suddenly gets stuck and XD doesn't really respond anymore. As you try to close the application its window turns completely black (apart from the "rendering stuck" elements) and windows comes up w/ the message "Adobe XD is used for sharing...". The bugged element persists even after the application visually closed. To restet this behavior you'd have to kill it using the task manager. Please let me know if I can provide any system related information. At the moment I don't know what's actually interesting for you...

Feedback and Knowledge Base