Bug details

[Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard)

Version 9.1.12.3
Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6
Windows 10 PRO · Version 1709
Lenovo X1 Carbon i7-6500 · 8 GB

Xd succesfully launch, but after a while (randomly between 10" ~ 5') the keyboard stops working. Not writing in text fields, not editing any UI field, not shortcuts. I have to close the program and launch it again.

Please, fix this problem because further than annoying, it makes really difficult to continue working with this fantastic app.

Thank you,

Francesc

311 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Francesc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

246 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dejainer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really used to this by now. Have this issue since many months. Now repeatedly pressing Alt +Tab to switch between applications (this fixes the keyboard issue for a few seconds for me) has become a part of my habit/workflow.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm forced to use XD cause I took over a project from a colleague in at my workplace and the constant keyboard-crashing starts to drive me crazy.

Apart from a couple of other annoying UI issues this is the thing that's most frustrating when you work on a large layout.

It's a bit of an irony that Adobe named this program Xperience Designer and offers such a frustrating User Experience to its customers:

- like slow clicking response times
        - unprecise sizing and positioning aid

- selecting between the group or object inside of the group takes me many attempts sometimes
        - visual aid to see what the heck is actually selected (group or colored rectangle inside of the group)
        - no "smart hirachy logic" when you duplicte elements

- ever tried to shift-select two specific objects that are nested in different groups? It's just not possible :)
        - ever tried to select and move an object that is under a semi-transparent rectangle? It's just not possible :)
        - ever tried to nest selected groups into a group that is also in the selection? It's just not possible :)

• Aenias Fritsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are a Designer / intensive User of Adobe-Software, there is just no way you can still word on a PC. This is terrible, because I refused to get a Mac for so many years now, but this is just over now. All of those Font-Bugs, Shortcut Issues, Programm-Crashes without data-backups.... Just too much time wasted. So I'm gonna give up and get a fucking expansive iMac now, goodbye Microsoft, eventhough I had really good hardware in my PC. The Windows-System is just not made for professionals, if you work in 4-5 Adobe Programs at once while rendering CGI or Videos - no way you can do it fluently on a Microsoft system. Just no way. But I'll switch to sketch anyway, since it's just way better piece of software :)

• David Schulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, minimize and maximize and UWP fullscreen (shift+win+enter) sometimes helps to get the control back, but still annoying. Can't wait for a fix. :)

• Matt Teeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had this issue come back for me after the update on Dec 5th - the one prior to this seemed to fix this. I have uninstalled the app and rolled back to the previous version listed in the CC manager app to allow me to continue to work. It is unfortunate the update seemed to bring back the issues they resolved in the last update :( Please Adobe tighten up your QA process and do not rely on your community to find, log, and vote on your bugs. You make software for professionals and we cannot have our workflow disrupted. When it is we are forced to find other solutions, and they may not be Adobe's.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it weren't for the fact that Adobe software were so widely used I would switch to anything else. What kind of arrogant company releases an update to their software which affects the most basic functionality of their applications with no fix for months on end? I'll tell you what kind: Adobe

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get this alot when working on large documents and zooming in and out rapidly. Eg, im in the top left and want to go to the bottom right. I alt-mouse wheel to zoom out, then alt+mouse wheel to zoom into the bottom right and thats when i lose my keyboard

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can someone from Adobe respond to this issue with an update?

• Vlad Malik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty sure I can still type in fields, it's just Undo that stops working (and possible Copy/Paste).

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have this issue and it is becoming a major headache when working to tight deadlines. I have an support ticket open with Adobe support where I have had multiple remote sessions... yet to be resolved. This has only been an issue for me since the 2019 release of updates. The issue also appears to be in Id, Ps and Ai.. I hope it is fixed ASAP or I'll be going insane! :(

• Roman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, how is it even possible that keyboard stops to work every minute?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, no updates have resolved this problem. Even the latest update.
        Keyboard stops working randomly, in which no shortcut or typing.
        Unable to track the trigger.

However, by go to the menu and press New to trigger the document selection screen will bring back the keyboard function.

• Rahul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Version : 13.1.32

While working for a long, I found the alt button stuck still present in the Adobe Xd. I don't know whether its the combination of pressing buttons in keyboard, but it repeatedly happening when working long in Adobe XD. Please fix the bug soon, also its getting irritated while moving objects, it create duplicate of everything that moving.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base