Bug details

[Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard)

Version 9.1.12.3
Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6
Windows 10 PRO · Version 1709
Lenovo X1 Carbon i7-6500 · 8 GB

Xd succesfully launch, but after a while (randomly between 10" ~ 5') the keyboard stops working. Not writing in text fields, not editing any UI field, not shortcuts. I have to close the program and launch it again.

Please, fix this problem because further than annoying, it makes really difficult to continue working with this fantastic app.

Thank you,

Francesc

445 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Francesc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

303 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Biswajit Nath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Observed very carefully. I don't think this could be a problem of OS. Every other program functioning very well and the problem is with the only xd and too now and then.

When the problem occurs:

1. If the file size bigger than 15MB.
    2. If the randomly double/triple click to grouped text and tries to edit.
    3. Changing color randomly from the color picker.
    4. Changing font size.

Some solutions:
    1. switch between prototype and design view.
    2. Minimize and reopen the xd window.
    3. Save and reopen the file.

• Omar Cabrera Acero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have the same problem, but I realized that by pressing the windows key the keyboard works again, I know that it is not the solution but I can help it while the problem is corrected.
    regards

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional details: I have tried logging out of Creative cloud and relogging in--no luck there either.

Yesterday and today when I tried to copy an item from one XD file to another, it worked for a few minutes of launching the program, but then the next time nothing happens and then my ctrl z shortcut stops working too. It seems to allow copying within the file, but not from outside sources.

This is really frustrating and I see a few other threads for this, BUT for me even when I close and re-launch XD it is does not work. I have also tried focusing out of XD by switching tabs/pressing windows key which I already do when function usually freezes, but this is not helping in this case.

I have the latest up to date version of Adobe XD & I'm on Windows 10 (Version 1803 OS Build 17134.706)

• roderik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work around ...
    Switch to Adobe illustrator file in background Alt-tab... then type in text field
    and switch back alt-tab to XD.
    Then keyboard works again...

But it's still frustrating ;-)

• roderik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue.
    keyboard DRAMA ... Why this issue isn't fixed... can not work this way... looking at alternatives like figma...

• Bahodir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the same issue, after creating new artboard, keyboard stops working particularly on that file. If new file is created, keyboard is working fine.

• tester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same issue, please fix this issue!!! I love XD but if this won't be fixed I need to switch to different tools.

• Gradual Personality commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this same problem, my shortcuts stopped working and when I cut my video more of the clip is gone than what I actually trimmed off. It's getting very frustrating and this video has to be out in less than a week! I cant edit with it taking too much off of my video it doesn't flow, please fix!

• laure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i rarely take the time to report bugs but this is really becoming a frustrating issue for my work flow.
    i beleive the bug occurs during automatic saving.
    it bugs out as if the alt key on my keyboard is stuck in pressed position, rendering the program unuseable.
    it doesn't happen everytime the autosave takes place, but happens quite frequently none the less.
    the only way to get rid of it is to restart XD.
    if im working on XD for 9 hrs - i have to restart approximetly 20 times a day.
    and then upon opening, i have to manually undo what the program did while my alt key was locked because control z is impossible to use after restart.
    this is incredibly frustarting. please, please fix this...
    thank you.

Finally, fix this problem because projects based on your platform are impossible to continue.... A month ago almost as Adobe XD is not suitable for use and how many nerves a person loses it cannot be counted.... Companies are wasting time and huge financial resources and none of the Adobe slide is gracious enough to fix the problem....
    Trying to work on a project on an earlier available version is also impossible because Adobe XD claims that the project is in a newer version and only on it can be editable!
    Fix it!!

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever since updating to V 17.0.12.11, the keyboard randomly stops responding. It's increasingly becoming worse and impeding our design teams progress.

I also find that basic keyboard shortcuts for scrolling sideways or zooming either stop working altogether or at least one stops working and the shortcut switches to another navigation function. eg so Ctrl-scroll no longer zooms but scrolls horizontally (same as shift-scroll). It doesn't do the same switch each time, no clear pattern that i can see. except very very annoying.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base