Bug details

[Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard)

Version 9.1.12.3
Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6
Windows 10 PRO · Version 1709
Lenovo X1 Carbon i7-6500 · 8 GB

Xd succesfully launch, but after a while (randomly between 10" ~ 5') the keyboard stops working. Not writing in text fields, not editing any UI field, not shortcuts. I have to close the program and launch it again.

Please, fix this problem because further than annoying, it makes really difficult to continue working with this fantastic app.

Thank you,

Francesc

190 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Francesc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

180 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • brianux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fixed yet? we rely on Adobe Xd in the real world, its effecting my deliverables!!!! windows 10 home!

I defend and promote Xd as all in one! vs Sketch + in + Plugins.

Note : make repeat grid function with independent item edit vs just effect all! grouping should have not bearing.

(b)

• Jojo Balfour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others point out, XD is unusable since the September update. Can you at least roll back the update till your development team works out a fix?

• Benny Liebold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this issue for several versions now - please fix this before implementing new features. Right now, XD is unusable as I had to close and reopen XD about 30 times yesterday - that is one every 12 minutes of the time I spent working with the program. I also reinstalled XD, which did not help.

• Robert Erdt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, guys, I've narrowed my problem down to file syncing in creative cloud. I have shut off creative cloud syncing, and boom (knock on wood) I haven't had a problem so far. Knowing Adobe, a new issue will be here tomorrow.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh, yes this just started happening to me as well. This is so bad that you can't do anything. Please fix ASAP!

• Michał Ratyński commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. Really annoying - it's unusable after last update.
        Moreover, please change the Export to Zeplin shortcut (ALT + E). It should be CTRL + ALT + E, but the simpler shortcut also works. It's really annoying as ALT + E is for special characters which I'm currently working with. Please fix!

• Robert Erdt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, how do I revert back to prior release? The keyboard issue is back with a vengeance. The product now is unusable for production work. SO BS, this is functionality 101 and would be considered an alpha version at our company.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for me this usually happens when the project file gets a little heavy (about 3 or 4 MGs), or when i use many images in my project.most of the times it freezes and i have to relaunch the app.

• Jamie Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

September update has rendered XD unusable!

Having to cycle focus from/to XD every few minutes due to unresponsiveness, dysfunctional keyboard, shortcuts and mouse is hindering workflow. When functioning basic operations (selecting/moving/copying objects, using interface, using hand tool to pan around canvas etc.) are excessively slow.

Working in illustrator until this gets fixed. It's been months adobe.

New features are nice but stability is critical! Please and thanks!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is driving me crazy, having to minimise and maximise the program several times during a session. Please fix asap!

Hello Adobe's team, after September's update the error start happening more frequently, none of the hotkeys work also space key (pan action) doesn't work, the only solution is to close the app and open again. I can click the menus with the mouse, but nothing from the keyboard. no short keys nothing.

• Atin Garg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, lucky for me... After facing this issue multiple times, my company replaced my Windows Laptop with a Macbook and now I'm loving it... And I can finally try other "APPS"...

New update, still not fixing the bug. Even make it worse. It also becomes very slow... C'mon Adobe...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base