Bug details

Copy Paste Symbol in Prototype mode does not paste nested wire links - Windows

XD v 8.0.22.11
Copy and Paste a Symbol with a object inside which has a link to another page - to another page.
Expected Result: Wire link remains in newly pasted symbol
Actual Result: Wire link is removed in newly pasted symbol

Worked before new update but not now. Works on my colleagues mac but not my Windows 10.

PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY

36 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rupen Joshi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Comments are closed
    • Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, the problem I am trying to solve is
      Copy and Paste a GROUP of symbols with a object inside which has links to different pages (meaning each symbol in the group is connected to a different artboard)
      Expected Result: Wire link remains in newly pasted group
      Actual Result: Wire link is removed in newly pasted group

Ideally I want to be able to grab an entire group that is prototyped to different artboards. As of right now, I have to grab each symbol individually to keep the prototyping.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay!!!! This has been fixed this is a big plus!!! Phew?! Thank you. (Mac 9.0.12.19)

• Tiffany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed update this morning but the issue hasn't been resolved. Working on a project with linking over 40 screens and being able to copy/paste the same navigation to each screen is crucial. Please fix ASAP! (Mac)

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sam issue on Mac. It seems that copy and paste in prototype mode works if you only do one object instance with link, anything more and it doesn't keep the interaction links...

• Adam Azkiya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't copy+paste 2 or more interaction from artboard to artboard at prototype mode, pls help, before update still working, thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copying linked items, such as a navigation bar, in prototype mode to other artboards no longer copies the interactions.

• Armando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue.

When I select various objects on prototipe mode and copy and paste in other artboard the objects doesnt "stay linked".

[Windows 10]

• Don Whelan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned in another thread, this is suddenly a problem in the May 2018 release. It was working fine in the previous version.

• Naruhito Kubota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this release (Adobe XD v8.x), it starts to occur that some interaction problems.
      When copy and paste object, it doesn't inherit interaction in the following situations.

- When I select and copy multi objects, then they are copied without interaction.
      - When I select any group object including more than one interactive element, then the inside interactive elements are copied without interaction.

I could do them in the past XD, I remember.
      Kindly research and fix.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
      Thanks.

• Arman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can copy your links through select + drag for the meantime. I hope this will help you guys :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base