Bug details

My paste does not work

It was working quite well at first but like for 15-20 minutes later stopped working. ı can no copy and paste anything from illustrator or on the program itself.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue. I can copy or use ctrl X but cannot paste using either keyboard shortcuts or right-click. Kind of a big deal. UGH. FML.

• Carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually use keyboard shortcuts, but I've also tried the right-click menu and that also doesn't work when I encounter the issue

Turns out I have an Intel HD Graphics 520 card, with latest drivers installed.

Yes, that's the build I'm on. I'll give updating my video card driver a shot, and see if that helps. Thanks!

Hi Nina,

I'm experiencing the same problem, to the point where it's really slowing me down, since a lot of what I'm doing in Xd is copying and pasting.

Similar to David, paste works fine for a bit, then will stop. If I close Xd and reopen it, it usually fixes the problem. But the problem always comes back, either right away or after 20 min or so. I'm not attempting to paste from other programs, I'm just copying and pasting within Xd, in the same artboard or from one artboard to another. I'm using:

- Xd v 8.0.22.11 (starter)
        - Windows 10 Pro
        - Surface Book 1

Thank you,
        Carrie

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PASTE do not work many times on XD ... This kind of bugs are verry irritating

• Julia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing this bug. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also installing an older version. Paste is working in Illustrator, but not in XD.

• AdminMihnea Ovidenie (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have some additional comments that might help us diagnose the issue:
        * i assume you are running XD on High Sierra (please tell us if not)
        * what XD version do you have installed?
        * what Illustrator version do you have installed?
        * when copy/paste stops working, you mentioned that you cannot copy/paste within XD itself, did i understand correctly? If yes, does this mean that you cannot copy/paste within the same XD file? Between 2 XD files opened at the same time?
        * when copy/paste stops working, what happens if you restart XD? Can you copy/paste again?
        * when copy/paste stops working, can you do the copy/paste from Illustrator into another application, like Photoshop for instance?

Cheers,
        M.

• AdminNina Ramos (XD Community Quality Manager, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Greetings:

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with XD. Curious, Is this still a problem for you? Are you able to copy/paste into other programs? Let me know what you've tried so far and we can work on finding out what's going on.

Thanks!
        Nina
        XD Community Quality Manager

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm seeing Copy/Paste issues as well. They usually happen out of nowhere, after I've been running the app for a while.

I even have trouble copying and pasting within XD itself, when attempting to share assets between two XD files.

My "fix" is to simply save my work and then restart the application. Not an ideal solution, but it works for now.

• Ben Dromey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue also exists on Mac. And it didnt before the updates in the last week. As the OP suggested, the update seems more like a reversion.

• Selena Granado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the latest update, XD hasn't been the same. The most annoying issue is that I cannot paste from Illustrator anymore. I cannot even copy and paste within the XD document. It's not just the keyboard commands not responding. Even using right click, copy, paste does not seem to work.

Another issue I'm having is that I can no longer find my layers panel. I thought it automatically opened when you clicked on a grouped object. XD on Windows 10 feels like it took a step backwards from the beta, which is disappointing. I hope these issues are fixed soon. It makes the program very frustrating to use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base