Bug details

Font weight names change between Mac & Windows (Bold/Negreta & Italic/Cursiva)

When moving back and forth from XD-Windows to XD-Mac, I have to change the font names of Segoe UI various weights. So "Bold" on XD-Windows = "Negreta" on XD-mac; "Italic" on XD-Windows = "Cursiva" on XD-Mac. Is this a language setting or something that I can change to remedy this?

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jens Jorgenson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Miika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a major issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible. I work with many designers across environments (some use osx, some windows) and we have already faced these font problems on many occasions so that we have had to revert using PDFs / PSD files to deliver content to make sure fonts are rendered properly and layouts as intended.

• Raquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Helvetica Neue on both Windows and Mac, same font files. When I load an XD file in the Mac the height of text blocks/lines changes and that messes up spacing. For instance, in Windows a text line is 24px in height placed 20px away from a button below it. When I load that same file in the Mac, The text line becomes 20px in height and the spacing between the button and the line changes to 24px. That won't work as I have to comply with strict spacing rules.

Any tips on how to fix that problem?

• Sumeet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Trade Gothic in a project and its weights show up as different names in Mac and Windows. When sharing project files either of the systems do not identify the fonts from the other platform. The font missing notification shows when opening the files. Although the font files installed in both system are from the exact same source.
        Roboto weights are also not showing correctly.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add into this list. Very annoying having to go through all fonts used in an XD document to check/confirm they're showing correctly when moving between Mac and PC. I see this issue was raised 9 months ago - anything on the road map for fixing?

• Alex H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fonts I am also having issues with:

Open Sans
        Nexa

They only work properly in one operating system. They don't work between both environments.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey guys common. this bug sucks. Co working between Windows and Mac Users are not possible.
        You are able to fix it. In other Adobe Tools the font works also fine.

• Nick Pomeroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any sign of this being fixed? Still happening for me and it's making co-working on designs in our agency impossible...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix it. A lot of troubles by delivering design files to a client / extern freelancer.

• Iván Soria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A quick solution:

We've solved this by converting and using only OTF fonts among design and dev teams with different OSes. The TTF encoding gets indexed differently along Mac and PC.

• James A Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens with Roboto condensed in a different way. On windows, roboto filed under Roboto -> Condensed Bold. on Mac, its Roboto Condensed -> Bold. They appear as different families and don't render properly in one or the other. Got any workarounds for this?

Thanks!

• Iván Soria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very ugly one. I sometimes exchange files among coworkers and they always come up with different font names. And yes, this happens between Mac and Windows files only.

Feedback and Knowledge Base