Fonts not loading from Font Managers
About my Computer:
Surface Pro 2017 i7 16GBram
Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.540
1. Experience Design CC (Beta) v. 0.8.22
2. Launch a Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont), Open existing or new project in XD, Select existing text or create new text, click on font list dropdown on XD.
3. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) SHOULD appear in the font list dropdown in XD.
4. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) DOES NOT appear in the font list dropdown in XD.
The team is actively looking at this. In simple cases (install font manager, work in new files) things work as expected. We’re trying to isolate the scenario that shows at what point things stop working.
If you see this and have steps to reliably reproduce, let us know! My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
same problem with suitecase fusion (newest version)...it's a pain!
Antti Laitinen commented
I'm struggling here with exactly the same problem. I use Fontbase (Windows 10) to manage all my font files so I don't have to install, remove and reinstall thousands of fonts in Windows system directory. I find it quite unbelievable that professional design software doesn't work with fonts. And even more so because all other Adobe programs work without any issues.
Is there any information on when this problem could be fixed? This affects my business and workflow on so many levels.
Same issue (Suitcase Fusion 8). Some fonts are missing in XD. They are avaliable in other CC apps.
Same issue here. Fonts in Fontbase load as usual in Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. But not in XD. I definately do not want to install 1000+ fonts in my system directory.
Michael Gorospe commented
Hello, thanks for your response. To answer your questions,
1. I don't install fonts physically in the Windows System Fonts directory. I just use Fontbase for installing fonts that I need.
2. Running Fontbase with the activated fonts that I need, shows up in other Adobe applications like Illustrator and Photoshop, same are Microsoft Word.
3. I have tried this experiment of restarting the computer before running fontbase again and then running XD with no success.
4. I don't install the fonts physically in the windows system fonts directory, so I think that this should not be a problem.
A TEST THAT WORKED:
The font needs to be physically installed in the in the Windows System Fonts directory. I see this as not a good option and definitely a last resort.
Thank you for following up. I hope that you guys figure out what causes this issue in XD windows10
Some synced typekit fonts won't work properly. In this example, I've synced the Urbana font, however when I select that font in XD, there are issues.
The font styles only sometimes work. Most of the time the text doesn't change. You can see in the images attached how urbana doesn't show up as a single font to select, with multiple font styles. Instead it shows up as separate fonts. Selecting urbana semibolditalic for example doesn't change the text.
It's not only with this font. I have had similar issues with other fonts from typekit.
XD Version: 0.6.32.12