Bug details

Fonts not loading from Font Managers

About my Computer:
Surface Pro 2017 i7 16GBram
Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.540

1. Experience Design CC (Beta) v. 0.8.22

2. Launch a Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont), Open existing or new project in XD, Select existing text or create new text, click on font list dropdown on XD.

3. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) SHOULD appear in the font list dropdown in XD.

4. Fonts loaded on Font Manager (Fontbase or NexusFont) DOES NOT appear in the font list dropdown in XD.

81 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Gorospe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus Christ, this is how you loose Windows users, by simply not giving a damn... Figma desktop app loads all the fonts from FontBase and It is free. In other words, goodbye.

• Francois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. When I start fontbase right after windows startup and before I open XD the fonts will be available in XD. But when I start fontbase after XD, no fonts are loaded in XD.

This is a bit annoying when you always have to restart your computer. There must be a solution, in Indesign de font loading works perfect.

• Antti Laitinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep my fingers crossed every time I receive a new XD update but it seems pretty hopeless at this point. This issue was reported more than year ago and yet still it's unsolved. Is there any way that this issue might be fixed sometime or should we just give up?

... Fonts from Fontmanage still not loading. I use Fontbase on Windows 10. Will there be a fix soon?

• Ed Mendivil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could use XD more (I really like Adobe products), but being unable to detect fonts activated by a font manager is a turn down for me. When is this going to be fixed???

FontBase
    Win 10
    XD 10.0.12.9

• User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with latest version of XD and Windows 10 (in 29/june/2018). Fonts installed with font manager software does not appear in font menu (XD). In other apps all is ok and fonts are loaded.

My Workaround: Open Fontbase and install the fonts you want. In Windows explorer, open any font file (Like the Fontawesome. Only one file is necessary) and click install (native method). Open XD. All fonts installed with fontbase appears. It is not necessary reboot machine. When job is done, close Fontbase and open Windows "Fonts" folder and delete the font. It is not the best but works for me.

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this problem. I have to go back and forth from AI to XD to write/expand/copy/paste text - really annoying.

FontBase Awesome font manager
    Windows 10
    XD V 8.0.22.11
    Premium font files

I have the same problem with Adobe Xd and the font manager NexusFont. The weird thing is my colleagues in my agency use the exact same font manager but don't have that problem at all. I tried reinstalling Adobe Xd but didn't change a thing. Please fix this.

• Airwrecka Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Issue here.
    I work with a lot of clients and therefore use a lot of different fonts. It's important that I use a fontmanager(fontbase, typograf) to activate just the fonts that I need, otherwise my PC would not run smoothly. Other Adobe Products are able to detect the fonts from the fontmanager, which even is installed on another hard drive.
    Until you resolve this problem we can't successfully introduce XD in our company.

• Francisco M. Ferreiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. Using Suitcase Fusion 19.0.5.6523. Fonts work fine in other Adobe program, even without Extensis plug-ins.
    This bug was posted 8 months ago!
    I can't believe it took that long to acknowledge the bug. Who are your users? Do you test the products? Do you understand how designers work?
    It's incredibly irritating to find so many discrepancies all the time between Adobe products. Do you guys even use your own products? 🤦‍♂️

• Brett Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A workaround that works for me with Fontbase is to restart my PC, then start fontbase up right away, before Adobe XD. Adobe XD will load the fonts when opening. Unfortunately if I add new fonts, I have to restart the PC again if I want them to show up in XD :(. But I guess at least it works . . .

• Marc Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have encountered countless stupid omissions in XD but this is by far one of the worst. Real designers will use font managers and most likely don't install fonts in the windows folder because at some point they figured out that windows will mess up your fonts.

Also, did the the note that said "IMPLEMENT TABS!!!" fall off the table at some meeting? Photoshop has tabs, illustrator has tabs... dumb XD has a window for each file...

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. Really annoying to have to manually activate fonts when those same fonts work fine in InDesign, Photoshop and even on paper.

Windows build: Running on Windows 10 17133.1 (though I have that appearing also on 1703 and pretty much every build since Mid 2017).
    XD version: Everyone since mid 2017.
    Font manager: FontBase, Suitcase Fusion
    Acquired from: FontAwesome, myfonts, Google Fonts, anything really.

• Hill Steed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any updates or new progress to report on this? Having to uninstall and reinstall fonts anytime I want to use XD works, but also disrupts workflow enough that it becomes quite frustrating. Also, does this create any issues around interoperability? I'm a recent Mac to PC convert but work with teams using both platforms. Please advise, thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base