Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Crash on SVG resize

1. Import SVG file
    2. Edit this SVG outside XD
    3. Import modified SVG
    4. Resize modified SVG
    5. Crash!

XD 4.0.12.6

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you share with us the modified SVG file that crashes when you resize it? Did this happen just once, or does it happen any time you try resizing this asset?

Also, let us know what OS you are on and we can give you instructions for gathering a crash log which will help us further to diagnose the problem.

Thanks.

2. Error 49

My master file which is in the Cloud is playing up. I'm getting an Error 49 code. This file supplies components to each of my other prototypes so its a huge problem to me. I've tried duplicating the file but as soon as you disconnect a prototype from the original master file it loses its components and they dont sync back up when you connect the duplicated master file. I've tried the uninstall of cloud and xd and that didnt work either. Help! Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text syles move after saving

When using a text style, say underline, or using both bold and regular type styles in a block of text, the styling often moves after saving and reopening.
    So if the word "textlink" was styles with "underline", next time I open the document, the underline has moves two or three letters to the left, underlining part of the previous word. I've attached an example where the underlining has oved after saving.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XD Crashes after sleep, no error dialogs on wake.

XD crashes when laptop goes to sleep. Most times though when laptop wakes XD has already crashed (I don't see if crashing).

Steps to reduce:
    - Leave XD open when either manually going to sleep mode or leaving laptop to go to sleep mode
    - When waking the machine other open programs are still open but XD is not.

I have a similar issue. Most times though when laptop wakes XD has already crashed (I don't see if crashing).

XD version: 21.1.12.3
    Intel i7 Core
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GPU

Application log:
    Event 1002, Application Hang …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Undo (cmd + z) stops working

When i've been working in a document for a little while, I suddenly lose the option to undo. cmd + z doesn't do anything and the menu option to undo becomes greyed out. This could seriously mess up a project. The option to undo comes back when I reopen the project. I saw that this was marked as "bug fixed" when someone else submitted it but I've had this happen at least once a week maybe less than that for the past couple months.

Environment details:
    - macOS 10.14.6
    - Adobe XD version 21.1.12.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. autosave severely hampering performance.

XD: 21.1.12.3

The Auto save feature appears to be slowing down XD to the point where I cannot interact with the software. It often takes a minute for it to save the file and then recover from freezing.

Once I begin making a slight edit to a components location, or even double clicking a component this prompts XD to begin saving and results in the software freezing again.

I have tested this on multiple documents, including new documents not saved to the cloud and it still occurs. It appears when the small asterisk is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Linked Assets problem

I'm trying to start building a style guide file (styleguide.xd) which my other screen design files (anyotherpages.xd) would linked back as a sticky sheet through linked assets.

the styleguide.xd file seems to be experiencing a problem. It seems like I had accidentally introduced excessive linked assets from a third file into it, and am unable to purge them from styleguide.xd even after I crossed the file out from the assets menu. The program makes me click on the blue update button and reintroduces them back into it again.

Worse still, after this happens, the styleguide.xd file is unable to save.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem with overlay

Adobe XD
    Version 21.0.12.11

IN the prototype mode the option to move the overlay and to locate it on the screen does not appear

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Link cannot be accessed after several attempts

Adobe XD 20.0.12.10, creating link for sharing but when link is accessed, not opening. Repeating process for 10 times now.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prototype Link works slow

As sharing the prototypes links for review, it takes lots of time to load every time and on every update. Its really frustrating to see and check the flow in prototypes with such slow functionality.
    Can it be resolved. Can the prototype link in sharing work as smooth as in adobe xd.

Regards
    Sachin Meshram

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Editing text (with text tool or artboard name) causes weird pseudo-freeze

1. 20.1.12.4 Windows
    2. Click into existing text box or double-click artboard name, attempt to change text
    3. Text changes
    4. Program will act unresponsive (this may happen before OR after typing the text) until CTRL-S, which will make the program responsive again

This does not happen all the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. can't udpadate or reinstall Adobe XD

Today I've got a notification that there is an update for Adobe XD. When trying to update, it shows an error with "Exit Code: 183". After I uninstalled the old version I can't install even the old one, it gives me an error "Exit Code: 183".
    So now I can't use Adobe XD at all

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ALt + drag to duplicate artborad doesn't work only on one particular artboard

Version of XD i'm using is 19.1.22.6/
    For some reason I'm not able to alt+drag one specific artboard to duplicate it.
    Undo function is also disabled. Not sure if it got something to do with issue with duplicating artboard but it started to happen at the same time. I have to say, that other documents, as well as other ARTBOARDS in this particular document work just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Text cannot be entered

version number: 18.0.12.9
    After using it for a while, the text cannot be entered. After double-clicking, just play the state that should have appeared. Try to turn off the software, re-open it, and use it for a while, and this will happen again.I don't know if I only have this situation?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Resizing window does not resize work area

When moving XD across monitors and trying to resize the window for the larger screen, black bars appear in the space and does not resize the working area. I've attached before and after screenshots.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Preview of jpg file is blurred

Preview of jpg file on local is clear, but it is blurred after that "SHARE FOR REVIEW".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboard contents not showing on shared developer links (hardware acceleration already enabled)

Artboard contents not showing on shared developer links (hardware acceleration already enabled). Same thing has happened in both Chrome and Safari. Sometimes when you open the link the assets show for a split second, then the page goes blank. Sometimes assets show on the right panel, but the artboard display is blank.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe XD will not open on Mac OS Mojave Just happened after update - App crashes immediately

Adobe XD will not open on Mac OS Mojave Just happened after update - App crashes immediately

I'm on Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.3 (18D109)
    XD Version 17.0.12.11 (17.0.12.11)

Crash Thread:

Process: Adobe XD [3071]
    Path: /Applications/Adobe XD CC/Adobe XD CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
    Identifier: com.adobe.xd
    Version: 17.0.12.11 (17.0.12.11)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: Adobe XD [3071]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-03-12 19:12:57.056 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.3 (18D109)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: 9C4F4435-0327-87AE-FD1D-0B014D029C3B

Time Awake Since Boot: 6000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cannot open .xd files located in Box Drive

1. Adobe XD CC Starter 16.0.2.8 on Windows 10 Professional 1803 / 1809
    2. Repro step- Double-click an XD file located in the Box Drive folder.
    3. We expect to be able to open XD files from synced drives in the same way that they work from the local filesystem.
    4. The XD application opens and users are presented with 'There was an error opening the file (Error code: 165) ' . Launching XD manually and then attempting to open the file from within the application doesn't work either, there is no error but the file is not opened and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Chris:

Do you see this problem when working with local files? Doesn’t seem like it but wanted to confirm.

The best way to have files synced to cloud, is by using XD Cloud file saving, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.html

To help investigate what might be happening, can you do the following:
    - Run Creative Cloud log collector tool
    - Post resulting logs in cloud drive (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc) and share link with me xduv@adobe.com, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

20. Saving in Document Cloud fail

Saving a prototype in Document Cloud fail!

Windows 10 x64
    16GB Ram
    i7 Prozessor
    XD Version: latest

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base