Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color Assets and Document Colors work differently

The functionality of the color swatches differs when either imported from another document or created in the current document. I would expect both to work the same way.

I assumed that when you change a hex color it changes that color throughout the document. With imported swatches they act more as a "style" in the sense that even though that hex is the actual color of an object if the imported swatch is not applied to the object the color will not change.

I like the idea of having styles, but I would prefer them to be called out differently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Importing a Photoshop Smart Object from a CC Library results in an image object of smaller size

Hi,

I have a smart object created in Photoshop that is 1280 pixels wide. I have added it to a CC Library and I am trying to import it into XD.

However, when I drag it into my XD project the resulting image object is 5 times smaller (248 pixels wide).

It should keep its original size, and not scale down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Point type soft returns not rendered on iOS app (related to 42650)

[Win] v. 21.2.12

When using soft returns (Shift + Enter) in point type fields, text fails to render correctly cross-platform.

Example: soft return renders as expected on XD for Windows, but fails to render on iOS.

Windows:
    "Line 1
    Line 2"

iOS preview app:
    "Line1Line2"

Additionally: soft returns are ignored or perhaps deleted when opening the file on macOS.

Windows:
    "Line 1
    Line 2"

Opening same file on macOS:
    "Line1Line2"

I believe this bug may be related to known issue 42650.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use of Symbol term still in context menu

I noticed that after converting some linked "components" into local components: The term "symbol" is still used in the undo option in the context menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SVG Gradient is rendered incorrectly in XD vs Illustrator

I have a logo created in Illustrator which has a two colour gradient. When the SVG file is imported into XD, the colours of the gradient are rendered incorrectly. When that same SVG is loaded into Illustrator the gradient is identical to the source Illustrator file.

I'm also unable to edit the direction of the gradient when clicking on the fill in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drop shadow ruins image quality when exporting to pdf/svg

When I'm trying to export my XD file in a pdf or SVG format it ruins the quality of the shape or image if I use a drop shadow. If I remove the shadow, the quality is maintained. Can you fix this problem somehow?

Adobe XD version: 21.0.12.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Gradients from Illustrator look wrong in XD

Sometimes artwork with gradients imported from Illustrator does not look right in XD. Please see attached an example. Also, those gradients cannot be edited on canvas in XD. The AI file with the problem is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gxdiqmtwatx7d9/feather.ai?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exporting to After Effects issues

I'm having problems with how objects are rendered in AE after export from XD.

1. Objects with gradients are converted to JPGs
    2. Blurred object with gradient applied doesn't show up at all
    3. Shadows are rendered differently than in XD (different blur and radious)
    4. Shadows and low opacity objects don't show up in preview in AE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Error Export to Zeplin

Adobe XD 20.2.12.1 -- Windows 10 -- Selection of work tables to export to Zeplin. (CNTROL + ALT + E), but the error appears xdtool.exe (55665 dump)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. eye dropper tool not visible in color edit after right-clicking on swatch in assets to edit color as shown in tutorial

eyedropper tool is not visible in color edit after right-clicking on a swatch in assets to edit the color as shown in the tutorial. Has this been changed since the time the video was posted?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Renaming input stays empty/Cursor dissapears/Text i type doesn't show

There have been numerous occasions (multiple times daily) when i try to rename a layer, and due to a file autosave or another undetectable issue my cursor dissapears, the input stays empty and i can't type anything anymore. This is so persistent that i have to quit xd most of the time. Sometimes switching between prototype and design brings back my cursor and text i type, in most of the instances it stays away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. paragraph spacing on live preview (mobile)

When paragraph spacing is applied to a text area there is some strange behavior when viewing through a connected mobile in preview. The paragraph spacing appears randomly where there are no line breaks. It is fine when viewed through the preview on my main mac screen though. Not sure what could be causing this but there's definitely no rogue line breaks in my text area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rotating and Scaling

When I merge and then rotate objects the responsive resize moves behaves in such a way that it doesn't take into account rotation instead inheriting its anchor from the original group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to move preview window to other Desktop on Mac

How to recreate (view attached file as well)
    - Open an XD file on a Mac
    - Launch the preview window
    - On the trackpad, swipe up with 3 fingers to see currently open windows (should also see additional desktops at the top of the screen)
    - The XD preview window disappears, so you can't move it to another Desktop

Previously, until a recent update, the XD preview window appeared with all other open windows when swiping up with 3 fingers, and you could click and drag it to another desktop.

Computer is a Mid-2014 Macbook pro running macOS Mojave…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. nested component override replacement not working properly

I copy a component from one file to another, in the video from master_doc_1 to working_doc_1, make it a local component in working_doc_1, then edit the master component by replacing the dark circle with the yellow circle (both components) it replaces as expected. When I look at the child components of the master I just edited, both the yellow circle and the dark circle are there even though the master only has the yellow one.

I would expect the children to have the same components of the master. I would hope that dragging and dropping components on top of each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Optimised images are turned into PNG upon share for development.

Optimised images are turned into PNG & not optimized for web.
    -
    I always design with web ready images, share for development is giving out PNG with big file size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. error 49 when trying to save one specific file

Hi,

When trying to save one specific file - others are fine - Adobe XD throws an error saying it cannot save.

Here are some screenshots attached with more specific information:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto-Animate increment/decrement input number values

In Prototyping View I expect to be able to increment / decrement the duration values in the input fields with the arrow keys. Unfortunately it doesnt work as expected. Its inconsistent, kind of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Windows: Clicking Escape doesn't exit Options panel when focus is on Lock icon

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Draw a rectangle
    2) Set width value, press tab
    3) Set height value, press tab
    4) Lock icon is focused

Expected: I expect to be able to exit just like I can in any of the other text fields, however the blue outliner is telling me the lock icon is still active.

Actual result: I cannot exit, lock icon stays focused.

Workaround: Press tab once more and you can exit again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base