Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making something a component ruins drop shadows and pixel to pixel alignment

COMPONENTS! Loving the idea...

...hating how it expands the component margins way beyond the actual shape or graphic. Making a duplicate of the master component turns the margin into a mask; THUS when you give the element a drop shadow... it gets clipped.

Why Adobe?

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Component cropping

Making a path into a component crops the rounded caps off

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ANNOYING BUG: Prototype wires not showing when selecting artboards

The wires on objects on artboards do not show when selecting the artboard.

You have to select the object itself.

I prefer if I do not have to deep-select to see all the connections set up on an artboard.

I want it to be like it was initially; selecting and artboard shows all prototype wires.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Autosave is ruining my life

While working in a cloud file of any size, every edit I make triggers the autosave feature to go into "saving" mode, preventing me from making any more edits until it is completed. This takes roughly 20 seconds for a smaller file (10 artboards) and is incredibly frustrating.

In cloud files, while working in either design or prototype mode, I will go from layer to layer "in the zone" working on a design and I am constantly having to stop working while the file is "saving" automatically. It happens far too frequently after every little change is committed to an…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  18 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD to AE export not working

Windows 10 user, latest builds of Xd (14.0.42.14) and Ae (16.0.1 (build 48)) installed, when attempting to export assets from Xd to Ae, it does not work. Workflow is: 1) select assets from within Xd 2) select Export/After Effect from Xd menu, 3) nothing happens. Interesting, but after one attempt at exporting, any subsequent attempts show the export to AE option grayed out. I have tried with AE open and closed with the same result.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Adrien: Can you check the following and let me know if this helps?

- Check if you have a file named AEXD.aex under PROGRAMFILES\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public

- If the plugin is missing you could try reinstalling Adobe XD, though I’d be very interested on any particularities of the initial setup that led to this situation.

6. Zoom in / Zoom out with keyboard numpad bug

Zoom in / Zoom out numpad keyboard shortcut not working anymore since latest update (cmd + "numpad +" and cmd + "numpad -")

V 19.0.22.9

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Master component changes do not update on children if master has subcomponents

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Create a rectangle with a black fill, convert that rectangle to a component.
    2) Use an instance of that new component to create another component (perhaps in addition to a text layer so those two together make up a button)
    3) Change the master of that button component to have a red background color
    4) The instances of that button component do not reflect the red background, even though they have 0 overrides

Expected: Changes in a master component get reflected in its children
    Result: Child components retain the initial state, even though they have no…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies if I was unclear – I didn’t mean to say that all your nested components must be master components, but to demonstrate that if you are editing master components, the edits will propagate to the other instances.

So in the original example you posted, you were actually overriding the fill color in a nested instance (not a master component). If instead, you right-clicked on the nested instance and chose ‘Edit Master Component’, your viewport would have panned to the master component, and then any changes you made to the master component would propagate to its instances. It doesn’t matter if the instance is nested in another component or not.

So nested components are fully supported in this new master/instance model, but the important thing to remember is you must edit the master component, either directly in the parent component or by right-clicking on…

8. Can not copy element/arboard to paste as image in Jira Confluence

When I copy elements on XD and paste in Jira Confluence, the pasted is a long long code paragraph, not an image.

Even when I paste an artboard to Jira Confluence, the page crashed.
    But it works on Messenger.

Could you please fix this bug.

Many thanks and best regards,

Binh.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-notXD-otherApp  ·  10 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Zoom in/out not working anymore

"Cmd" + "+" and "Cmd" + "-" with "+" and "-" on the keypad on right side of the keyboard stop working on the new version 19.0.22.9. Very Awefull to work when you're used to do with this shortcut. I'm loosing time for nothing and can't explain why this shortcut doesn't work anymore. Tried to restard Mac/xD - Uninstall/Install ... nothing change

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the additional details Winter! I’d like to ask for a bit more help from you to see if I can understand what’s going on.

Can you confirm the zoom tool works? Do you have an external monitor connected? Can ou disconnect? We were seeing some incompatibility with display drivers and XD on Mac.

If you can share video showing the problem that would be useful (I use Licecap to capture animated gif).

Thanks!
    Nina

10. Zoom in/out by cmd +/- is bugged since may release, fix pls

Zoom in/out by cmd +/- is not possible anymore since may release, fix pls.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe XD is constantly crashing on MacOS 10.14.4 when opening a File

After updating MacOS to the latest version 10.14.4, Adobe XD keeps crashing when I try to open any .xd file.
    Reinstalling the Application did not help to solve this problem.

MacOS 10.14.4 / AdobeXD 17.0.12.11

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Numeric keyboard not working after May update

Ctrl+2,3 and zoom shortcuts don't work after new update (May 19).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot edit bounds of Components

Hi, I'm trying to get my hands on the new Components for Adobe XD 19 and I find it really confusing. My XD version is 19.0.22.9.

Please view this video to see steps involved in the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/f6066984a6d54ca89b752ca923c1a0c8

As you can see in the video, removing an object within the bounds of a component does not resize the component accordingly, so there will always be an extra space left afterward.

I click and click but at lost with how to remove this extra space gap. Can you please show me how? Thanks:)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Slow performance when reordering assets

Version 19.0.22.9

Reordering assets is very slow. The blue bar that shows where the assets are going to be dropped simply doesn't show up a lot of the time. To move assets far down the list, it requires dragging and dropping several times, and each time I'm just guessing where it will be dropped. Often it doesn't move at all and I have to try again.

I'm working in a cloud saved document (as that seems to be the only way to share color and character assets across files). It seems to try saving every time I drag assets, which…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color issues

Hexcodes appear very different between art boards. Looks like it gets an opacity change without it actually being changed. The opacity slider says its 100% but the color obviously isn't showing opaque.

Colors suddenly changes opacity from 100% and when its closed and then opened the opacity has changed.

The checkbox next to the color square in the front UI is sometimes totally black and sometimes its not possible to click in the box to turn a border color or fill color on, this has been an ongoing issues since day one with XD.

Also, the color picker keeps disappearing.…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  9 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. You can try accessing the link again or, if the error persists

Hi

I'm facing this issues in many prototype links. Can u please check and let me know the solution plz.

Thanks
    Kasi

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When applying updates to new components nested inside old components, the positioning of the elements inside the new component is broken

I will describe my experience, should be easier to explain :

I have an "old" Adobe XD file, created before the major components update. I have "old" components inside this file.

I have created a new Adobe XD project to use as a component sheet.

I've created new components in the new Adobe XD file. I copied one of them and pasted it inside an old component of the old file.

Back in the new file I've made changes in one of the new components and saved.

Back in the new file, I've updated the imported component and it broke…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Sorry, we can't open this document" on Cloud Document

- Adobe XD (Feb 2019 update)
    - Creative Cloud 4.8.0.421
    - Creative Cloud Sync 4.1.0.29
    - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, build 17134)

Let me explain the issue here
    I was using XD and was working on a cloud document
    Then my laptop shutdown abruptly
    Ever since I restarted the laptop and I tried to access the particular cloud document I was working on, it gives this error "Sorry, we can't open this document". Meanwhile, it shows as part of my Cloud Documents.

The blue marker in the image is pointing at the document I have an issue with

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@D_Gill, Christoph:

Can you share some system logs to help with investigation? Please post to cloud location and email link to xduv@adobe.com Be sure to include system details & add post link for reference.

Details:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - CoreSync version
    - Creative Cloud desktop application version

Logs,
    - Adobe Creative Cloud logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
    Nina

19. Duplicated elements inside non-master components despite master reset...

Title says everything, I have no way to reproduce this...

I have a master document with all my master components, one of them has a nested component, everything is working fine with the others, even when they have nested components BUT this one.

What's happening is that in a project file (not the master one), all it's instances have a duplicate of the nested component, even after a reset, even after deleting the component from the library...

Any ideas?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Text changed using new features does not convert in developer mode

See screen grab. Text was highlighted and changed from caps to sentence case using new casing feature. When shared for development text still showing as capitals to copy and paste.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base