Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard)

Version 9.1.12.3
    Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6
    Windows 10 PRO · Version 1709
    Lenovo X1 Carbon i7-6500 · 8 GB

Xd succesfully launch, but after a while (randomly between 10" ~ 5') the keyboard stops working. Not writing in text fields, not editing any UI field, not shortcuts. I have to close the program and launch it again.

Please, fix this problem because further than annoying, it makes really difficult to continue working with this fantastic app.

Thank you,

Francesc

314 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

awaiting-external-fix  ·  247 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • The size of canvas(body) depends on high of browser.

The size of canvas(body) depends on high of browser. The body should be full screen sized but its have only half of real size.
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/isli4kispsp22eu/23.wmv?dl=0
      windows 10
      chrome

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Wrong position of click area in browser

The area for click not in right position. Then browser open in full screen the bug exist - then i decrease the size a bug disappear.

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  10 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • [Win 10] Incorrect display when re-ordering layers

windows 10
          GTX 1080 (latest drivers 399.07).

Reordering layers (not only groups) randomly (i'd say 1 every 10 reordering wihtout noticable pattern) leaves a persistent ghost of the dragged item (even outside the application, ie on the desktop) and reordering stops working after that.

Ghost is often presented as a slashed red circle within a grey square, in the case of dragging a single layer (screenshot attached)

This bug has been present since this feature was introduced in XD.
          Every session of my work in xd is plagued with this issue.

13 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the additional information. There seem to be a number of issues you’re seeing.

For layers re-order, there were some improvements incorporated into XD a few builds ago. But sounds like that may not be helping in your case.

The biggest culprit for Win10 performance issues in XD is video card incompatibility. For this, verifying that you 1) your card is supported in the Win10 OS you’re working with & 2) you have the latest driver, will address a significant number of issues.

To better understand what’s going, having the following helps to narrow things down:
            - XD version
            - OS version
            - video card model & driver version
            - Is the problem observed in all files? Or just some
            - How do other UWP apps behave?

Thanks!
            Nina

• Can not export After Effect files

Version of Adobe XD: 13.0.12.14
            Steps to reproduce the issues: files > export > After Effect
            Expected result: export AE file successfully
            Actual result: display "There was a problem exporting your asset."

Please help me~ thanks

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Harry:

I’m wondering if you’re hitting system requirements issue. Here’s the AE ones, https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

From the details you share, it seems like you’re within the perimeters. That said, After Effects is a high memory consumer because it has to do a lot of intensive processing. I encourage you to play around with RAM setting in Memory Preferences of AE. Have AE open before you select “Export to AE” in XD and note what happens.

Are you working with a lot of artboards? It could be taking more time preparing and opening in AE. When I do a quick test with XD Tutorial, it opens fairly quickly.

Hope this helps!

Nina
              Adobe XD

• Scaling a group of objects with responsive resize turned off does not work.

Scaling a group of elements (text boxes and image) with the shift button held and responsive resize turned off does not work. The text boxes become misaligned and scale at different percentages after the group is made small and large again.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • cannot be saved as a cloud document

I can no longer find the file that is in my Creative Cloud on the Adobe XD APP. I can also NOT save the file as a cloud document!

If I try to save it as a cloud document... nothing happens.

On the start page in Adobe XD when I click on Cloud document I get the message "An error has occurred".

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Sharing error (44:77:0)

1. 4.0.12.6 (adobe xd), 2.4.4.71 (cloud sync version)
                  2. Have a prototype (with single or multiple artboards connected), share the prototype as specs or normal prototype.
                  3. Sharing should be succesfull.
                  4. Error 44:77:0 is shown.

Tried multiple times, with smaller and bigger artboards. The error is always the same.

31 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Wrong position of click area in browser

Please return the old version 12. in 13 it is impossible to work. Please do not roll out updates with so many bugs.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Make XD run stable! fix bugs instead of releasing features.

I like that Adobe has released a multi platform prototyping tool with XD. Anyways it sometimes can be very very annoying working with adobe xd, since it has so many bugs. Instead of releasing new features I belive Adobe should be more focused on getting XD stable and bug free!

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, see below for answers.

- Doesn’t react to key-events anymore (happens very often)

I think this may be due to known issue, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346 While not completely fixed, our latest release (XD 14) has some improvements.

- Doesn’t sync to the cloud correctly (Icons, images, etc. don’t showing up on cloud-prototype – I think in export-files as well)

I’m not sure if you mean, updating your prototype doesn’t show the changes made in the file, or saving to cloud drive does not sync the file. Can you clarify?

- Sometimes vertical scrolling by clicking shirft + scroll, doesn’t work (it is zooming instead of scrolling sidewards)

I think this is another symptom of the above keyboard response issue.

- No Pointer-Event, when hovering a project in cloud.
                        Can you share more details about this? I’m not sure what you mean.

- Clients cant log into the prototype and have to…

• XD not starting after laptop shut down due to low battery

I was working on a XD file when my computer shut down due to running too low on battery. I had the file saved just before this happens. However, having the laptop (Surface Pro) plugged in now, XD would not start correctly. It would remain on the start screen where I should be able to select from the recent files but i cannot click on any tile and the window closes entirely shortly after. Same happens if I try to open XD from the Creative Cloud pannel. When I double click on the xd file I have saved on my…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hiya Elisabeth (just noticed I spelled your name incorrectly previously – apologies!) Really appreciate the additional investigation on your part.

For updating drivers, here’s some info:
                          https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface

Depending on which graphic card you have, it would be good to check the manufacturer for newer drivers as the MS site may not have the latest. You can check in Device Manager, https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-test-a-cpu

For the file, unfortunately the file cannot be recovered from the published prototype, this is a separate file type. However, if the file was saved to Creative Cloud files, there should be a copy available.

I’m looking at the error log and see the file was saved in drive G:\ – were you collaborating with someone else on this design? I have seen where sometimes more than one user makes edits to the file on a shared location can result in this scenario.

With this message “Unable to open…

• XD Prototype tiny in browser(s)

Just updated XD today (13.1.32.8) , now all prototypes (on Safari and Chrome) are showing a tiny thumbails.....is this ever going to work properly? This is the 4th issue in 1 week. crazy. Prototypes are so unreliable, it's impossible to share with clients....

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing additional files and details over email!

After some investigation determine the artboard width was custom so it was causing full screen to default to showing all contents of artboard despite viewport/scrolling settings.

However, when setting artboard size to default web 1920, setting viewport to 1080 + enabling scrolling and sharing as fullscreen, there still appears some blank space which is not the content at bottom (I would expect content to fill the browser window).

I have filed a bug for the team to review.

Thanks again for your help digging into this!
                            Nina

• Firefox: links in broswer view are shifted when artboard is to long.

Version of Adobe XD: 13.1.32.8

Steps to reproduce the issues:
                            - Create two artboards
                            - Make the first artboard at least 5000px tall and add an element to it
                            - Link the entire artboard to the other artboard
                            - Save, then publish a prototype
                            - Open the link in Firefox
                            - Hover around the first artboard and you will find that the right side and bottom of the artboard is not linked (no pointer cursor).

If the artboard is around 3400px tall or shorter the link does not shift. It seems that as soon as the artboard goes taller than…

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Colin:

Thanks for the detailed steps + XD file!

I did some looking and here’s what I found. On the prototype you share, I am able to reproduce the problem you state. When opening the file in XD, I noticed that you had vertical scrolling enabled on both artboards. On the home artboard viewport was set to the height of the artboard (5000). I changed that to be 1080 and now when looking at the published prototype the bottom right shows that it has a link to another artboard. However, I do notice that along the right edge there’s a buffer where it doesn’t trigger the hand pointing cursor. https://xd.adobe.com/view/48fba056-d3c5-41bd-622d-907681ca931a-3eca/ (added a shape at the bottom right for visual reference).

Looking into it more but hope the above helps in case you’re working with taller than 3400px artboards.

Thanks!
                              Nina
                              Adobe XD

• UI Kits-Apple iOS-iPad

1. Version of Adobe XD: 13.1.32.8
                              2. Steps to reproduce the issues: I downloaded UI kits-Apple iOS from Apple Design Resources - Apple Developer, but the size of iPad design templates are not 1024*768.
                              3. Expected result: iPad design templates are 1024*768
                              4. Actual result: UI Kits Size-Apple iOS-iPad is 1112x834 not 1024*768

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

I’ve downloaded the resources but not clear which XD file you’re looking at.
                                There’s a design template called “UIElements+DesignTemplates+Guides-iPad.xd” with element but not an artboard that specifically correlates to the iPad design size. There’s also production templates that don’t seem to have what you’re seeing. Can you share the exact name of the file?

Thanks!
                                Nina
                                Adobe XD

• Overlays appear blurry/low resolution in preview mode

Adobe XD v12.0.12.10 on Mac (I can't update yet because of my OC version)

Overlays appear blurry/low resolution in preview mode.

Seems like the prototype preview isn't rendering overlays properly, making them look blurry compared to the elements in the base artboard.

Attached screenshot shows an overlay (hover effect) on the left and the base artboard on the right. Naturally we need the overlay to be as crisp & clear as the rest of the interface.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Still can navigate wired artboards in IOS preview

In the Windows preview screen linked artboards work as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/br/xd/help/adobe-xd-on-mobile-faq.html
                                  but in the iOS app the user still can scroll right and left to navigate through linked artboards.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Having issue with online link.

Unable to use the link on the web browser link. It shows the highlighted link but doesn't allow the user to click on the link for some reason. This is creating a serious issue as some of my clients are not able to use the prototype.

NOTE: This happens on certain occasions only and on certain devices.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Error 50 on Windows 10 v1703

New XD update (December 2018) works great on my main machine (Windows 10 v1803). Though on my other machine with older Windows 10 (v1703 15063.447) I get this weird behavior. Maybe it is on Windows side, but I'd liked to report it just in case.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Repeat grid is now including shadow in the spacing value

When an element has a shadow and a repeat grid is applied the spacing option now includes the shadow width or height as part of that padding.

version: 14.0.42.14

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

There’s was a change made to Repeat Grids to help with clipping content, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13116474-repeat-grid-clips-cuts-off-lines-path-strokes

You should be able to adjust the spacing the same as before though. If not, can you share video of what you’re trying to do and where it’s not working as you’d expect?

Thanks!
                                          Nina
                                          Adobe XD

• [macos 10.14.2 Mojave] Macbook pro trackpad slow and laggy performance when using pinch to zoom

1. Version of XD

2. Open Xd file with 60 artboards, try to pinch to zoom in and out.

3. pinch to zoom should work without any lag and from the first pinch gesture

4. actual result is it takes at least 3 to 5 tries for Xd to recognize my pinch action to respond, which results in a laggy and frustrating experience.

Additional info:
                                          tried pinch to zoom on Photoshop, works flawlessly

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Adobe XD: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base