Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slow performance, Xd June 2019

After updating to Xd 20.0.12.10 the application becomes very slow.

Upon starting/restarting the app it's responsive. However, after running for a few minutes it becomes unusable slow.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  20 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After cloud documents XD takes forever to launch/start

Hi, since last update where adobe introduced save to cloud when I start XD the window is blank for a very long time. Everything is slow, laggy, and the save button freezes randomly, even when document is saved on the computer and not cloud. The new update has made working on XD very frustrating.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Win] Frequently Crashing

Frequently Crashing (while open XD app, maximize XD app window, while zooming, if open any multiple files also)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Continuous lagging/ freezing when working in Design mode

Version: 16.0.2.8 Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.0.25

Running on:
    macOS Mojave v10.14.2
    Processor: 4GHz Intel core i7
    Memory: 32 GB DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 2048MB

Hello,

When clicking on images, text boxes, menus or scrolling around the screen, everything lags/ freezes for a few seconds before catching up with its self.

To reproduce the issue: open a working file and click on menus, text boxes - anything interactive.

The issue seems to be intermittent and varies from making working in the app impossible to just being a bit of a hinderance - most of the time it's somewhere in the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Frequently Freezes when editing text

Most of the time XD freezes when I edit text

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. too much RAM Consumption

Hi, I'm using adobe Xd on windows PC. I have been noticing the RAM Consumption by Adobe is getting higher and higher with every update. And Now it's even higher than Google Chrome. I have attached the snips below that show the document that is opened and RAM Consumption details in the Task manager.

My PC Specs are:

- Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12
    - Windows 10 Pro (Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.503)
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 500 GB HDD
    - 4 Ghz Intel 5500 HD Graphics

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Components Panel is very slow/unresponsive in July 2019 Release

When trying to...
    - delete components
    -make components local
    - drag and drop components

Adobe Xd 21.1.12.3 application will become unresponsive and will need me to force quit the application. This has happened to me 4-5 times in the last week. I notice the application sometimes uses up to 2.33GB of memory when I have 3 files open.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Slow performance since update in June 2019

After update in June, Performance went down on bigger files, with more items. Its unusable and taking some of the files and moving them to a new document still makes the new file slow.

I dont know what causes this but its unusable.

Typical performance crash:
    Moving item, pressing esc after typing.

What i tried:
    - Clean save
    - Removing all plugins
    - Reinstalling Adobe XD
    - Format iMac

None of above worked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Memory leak in latest (july 2019 release) release

Windows 10 Pro(x64)
    i9-9900K 64GB RAM
    Geforce RTX 2070
    fresh windows start.
    1. Start Adobe xd
    2. Open latest project file (a 40MB file).
    3. In Task manager > process > Adobe xd
    memory: 2GB & steady
    CPU usage: 0.01%
    4. Do nothing at all, let the workstation untouched for a while (35min).
    5. Go back to workstation:
    Adobe XD memory: 12GB and growing
    CPU usage: 12%

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9

Hi, i have a very annoying problem with the latest XD version. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9.

I've tried with a couple different files but the upload is really slow across the board. Please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe XD suddenly keeps freezing after the latest update

XD keeps freezing after the last update. It seems like its trying to save on the background while transforming or moving an object or just about anyhting in XD. And when i quit the program it asks me to save, I agree and poef. Instant result. The freez vanished. The freez seems some sort of buffering or so.. Some mouse options also get stuck and I cant copy, paste or delete things while its freezing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Dennis:

Are you still seeing this problem? If so, it would help me to better understand what’s going with the following info:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Creative Cloud userID
    - Enable crash dumps and share the file, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

You can post to cloud storage (Dropbox, WeTransfer.com, etc) and email to xduv@adobe.com

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

12. Syncing issues with Cloud Documents

Me and my team work collaborative and we use XD Cloud Documents a lot.
    Sometimes, changes made by other members doesn't sync correctly and the main issue is when someone else open a cloud file, we end up working on an old version.

When this happen, we save a new copy of the cloud file and re share it. That works for a time, until the sync issue appears again.

Is there a way to force an update to a cloud file so to be sure that we're working on the latest version?

All the team members are on MAC…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. XD Crashes after sleep, no error dialogs on wake.

XD crashes when laptop goes to sleep. Most times though when laptop wakes XD has already crashed (I don't see if crashing).

Steps to reduce:
    - Leave XD open when either manually going to sleep mode or leaving laptop to go to sleep mode
    - When waking the machine other open programs are still open but XD is not.

I have a similar issue. Most times though when laptop wakes XD has already crashed (I don't see if crashing).

XD version: 21.1.12.3
    Intel i7 Core
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GPU

Application log:
    Event 1002, Application Hang …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. autosave severely hampering performance.

XD: 21.1.12.3

The Auto save feature appears to be slowing down XD to the point where I cannot interact with the software. It often takes a minute for it to save the file and then recover from freezing.

Once I begin making a slight edit to a components location, or even double clicking a component this prompts XD to begin saving and results in the software freezing again.

I have tested this on multiple documents, including new documents not saved to the cloud and it still occurs. It appears when the small asterisk is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Resizing window does not resize work area

When moving XD across monitors and trying to resize the window for the larger screen, black bars appear in the space and does not resize the working area. I've attached before and after screenshots.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Over 500% CPU usage when using cloud documents that share symbols

I have my design system file stored in cloud documents and syncs fine when it is open by itself. The trouble starts when I simultaneously have a separate XD document open using symbols from the design system file (in cloud documents) and something gets saved in the design system file CPU usage goes to like 500%+. If both files are local, this does not appear to be an issue.

MacOS 10.14.3
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Constantly unresponsive after June 2019 Update

Adobe XD becomes unresponsive for about 5 seconds every time I'm moving and selecting items within a group.

System specs:
    - Windows 10 Enterprise
    - Processor: Intel Core i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
    - RAM: 32GB
    - 64-bit

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1px line symbols do not render correctly after the component update

1. Newest version, but started after component update
    2. Have a pre-update file with a lot of 1px line symbols and view in updated version
    3. All lines should render at all zoom levels

1px lines that were made into symbols before the component update do not render correctly. At different zoom levels different strokes will render . This happens both in the program and in the playback. It can be fixed by ungrouping the component and making new a component, but that's pretty tedious when you have 100+ of these symbols.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD Crashed - had to redo all UI amends on project

When I made changes to some UI on a web project, I tried to save the file and update the XD link under Share > Share for Review. During this update, the process of updating stopped at 30% and asked me to create a new XD link!

Another unexpected situation happened after when I tried to save the XD file and it froze. So I had to re-open the XD file and make all my UI changes again!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Latest XD release - Changing color of text causes slow animating effect and extreme use of system resources.

There are other issues related to this problem I noticed.

When saving a screenshot using the mobile app on the latest ios. The text boxes that have color applied to only one word (the rest of the word are white), only exports the png with all white text.

The performance of my machine is definitely good enough.
    1080 GTX
    I-7 4ghz
    happens with both local storage and cloud storage
    turning off cloud file sync has no effect on the bug
    XD is the latest version
    Latest windows update

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base